Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The varmint hunt trip didnt start out the best. My buddy calls at 9:00pm to cancel the night before we are leaving. With the rig full of gear and ammo and time off work what would you do? Thats right, go anyway. Had a full tank of gas, an address in central Oregon and a map.
Found the ranch at 2:00pm and as luck would have it the ranch hand was moving pipes in the field of dreams(varmint hunters dreams). Got out the 1022 and went to work. First miss came on the 33rd shot. This is easy I thought, without competing with a friend. After about 300rds called it day.
Day 2 8:00am and ready to rock. This looked serious, brought out the hicap mags and mag reloader. By the end of the day it was going to take a shovel to clean the brass out of the front seat.(dont tell the wife)!
Day 3 started slow, and then the sun came out and so did the rats. Too bad I had to go home today. All in all shot over 2000rds of rimfire. Gun did not miss a lick. Boresnaked about every 200rds and thats all I did. I use no oil in the 1022, but thats another story.

Tango Zulu out

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Varmint-Mister Welcome!!
Now that is some hunting
report or shootin report.;D
Had to be a lot of fun.
2000rds, gun shootin good,
glad to hear someone else
can put that many rounds
threw a 10/22 and not have
any problems.
Well it dont sound like
you need it now,but I end most
of my post with this.

Goodluck & Goodshootin

·
Registered
581 Posts
I had heard the grass gets too high by this time of year to see them. Sounds like a great trip! Im new to this kind of shooting but have been 2 times and im hooked! Is this a location you could share? The farm where we shot this spring runs cattle in the fields this time of year.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I had heard the grass gets too high by this time of year to see them. Sounds like a great trip! Im new to this kind of shooting but have been 2 times and im hooked! Is this a location you could share? The farm where we shot this spring runs cattle in the fields this time of year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sure am glad someone on AR15.com gave me this site.
Having an AR15 and a 10/22 varmint rifles doesnt give those critters much of a chance. 10/22 < 100yds, AR 100 to 300yds+.
KC,
Sorry, but if I told you, Id have to (you know). The ranch had only this one field and the alfalfa was only 2 to 3 inches high.

GREAT SITE
Ill be back!!!
VM

·
Registered
474 Posts
If you ever need a partner for the shooting, let me know. Im up here in Seattle and would love to drive down to shoot. I have a CZ452 Varmint .22lr and will have a CZ 527 American in .223 by this weekend.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
hey,

No time in one day have I ever shot 2000 rds. Umm, closer to 400 would be like it. Let alone at live targets. Congrats on the great hunt.

Dean_311

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gee, I didnt know other people like to shoot varmints!! Ha! Ha! Those varmints are great practice for practical rifle matches that I love to shoot. There is a match at Tri-County on Saturday the 8th.
Ill be there.
VM

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.