Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fun day at the range. Best group with Eley Practice at 50 yards. CZ 452 Special with Tasco 6X24 40 mm set at 24. Group measures .143.

CZ has been free floated, trigger is set at a heavy 2 oz. The action is bedded. Rest is a Wichita with protecto rabbit ear and bunny ear rear.

Absolutely no wind. Average of all groups shot today was .388 using Eley, Lapua, Wolf and CCI Mini Mags.

·
Registered
730 Posts
WOW!
:D <- This is me lookin' at your group
:cool: <- This is me thinkin' that I can do that
:) <- This is me thinkin' that my rifle will do that
:( <- This is me considering the fact that it ain't my rifle's fault we haven't done that
:eek: <- This is me realizin' that it is my fault
:mad: <- Now, this is me lookin' at your group

:p :p :p

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
WOW!!!! Nice shootin there AZ!!!
Paul

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Pappy John said:
I showed this to my 10/22. He's depressed now. Refuses to come out of the safe.:(
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
:D
Paul

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Other than bedding the action and free floating the barrel I reduced the trigger pull to 2 oz using a spring from Ace Hardware and cutting it in half. I also used Moly Fusion on the barrel. It took about 200 rounds to break back in.

Today I made a tuner for the rifle. I just love to experiment so I went to the range and played this afternoon. I wish I would have made the tuner sooner. It is a great thing to do.

I'm going to write up the plans and then post them and pics so anyone can build one. I think it cost me less then $3 to make.

Next? Well, I have a new stock on order from Richard's Microfit. I love the look of his WILD Thumbhole stock.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Nice Shooting AZ!

I just got back from a 50yd shoot with my cobbled together "Franken-TOZ" Russian rifle. Shot 20 rounds of CCI Stingers into a .75"hole after walking the POA into the Bull of a red centerd Wally World 50yd Rimfire target. Getting used to the scope and the rifle with different SV and HV loads... this thing handles thje overlong Hyper Loads very well, but the freefloated barrel feels like a tuneing fork as the rifle lets go...I _NEED_ a tuner on this thing, so plans would be appreciated;) :D

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
CLH,

I'll agree with you on the MAGNUM !!!!! They can be fun! Still trying to find which ammo my Savage bolt gun likes best, right at this point CCI TNTs win out!

Dave Z.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.