Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the range yesterday with a few of my coopers, 17 FB, 22-250 and 221FB. Nice calm day. Snuck away from work. Friggin cell phone would not stop ringing. Anyway while trying different loads and overall lenghs for my 22-250, I started shooting 5 shot groups. The first batch was with H380 powder, Sierra 53gr match with an OAL of 2.41. First group...4 shots all touching, then the dreaded flyer. Then it happened, 2nd group, 1 shot, 2nd shot same hole, 3rd shot same hole, Ok Ive done this before, no big deal. Then 4th shot same hole. Now my hearts pumpin big time. 5th shot I always screw up with a flyer, never fails. OK, so now I try and relax, take my time, aim and squeeze the trigger, son-of-a-beyotch, 5th shot goes into the same hole. Never have I ever done that , 5 shots same hole a 100 yards, thats right 5 shots, none of those girls scout 3 shot groups, 5 shots. I have to take a picture and post it. The picture is no problem and putting it in photobucket is no problem, its just that I cant for the life of me attach a picture to a post on this forum.
Anyway its true what they say, you have to find the right exact round for the gun. All other groups after that were exceptional, but not one holers, I mean one friggin hole. Sorry, I'm very excited. I'm going to frame that target.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
One hole

Thats some good shooting. It`s nice when it all comes together after a lot of trial and error. The one holer 5 shots are the toughest, three shots are rather common. :bthumb:
I had a Rem. mod 722 in .222 Rem that would do that most all the time if I done my part. Home rolled ammo or a select few factory rounds were it`s food. :D
SmallCal :Blasting_

·
Registered
426 Posts
Congradulations Dlong !

With Photobucket is pretty easy to get a pic posted. Just right of the picture ther are some boxes, just click the one on the bottom, it will be listed as "image code" and that will inturn copy it, now when you go to paste it do it as you would normally. Now for some reason I have better luck when I make the
into lower case letters like this

it should look something like this.......

...and it should look like this....

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I got it....

Herers some more just for fun...

Thanks guys......I love you man.

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's the pic

Ok, I think I got this picture thing down.

/IMG]

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One of these days I'll have a real reloading bench....with some room.

Thats it for now.

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice group...my best groups I will have to say comes from my 700VS in 223, 27grs of 748 and a 40gr V-Max, gets about a 1/2"@100yds, I had a swift one time that was pretty dang accurate with a 60gr Sierra HP and RL-15.
Thats my next task, getting my cooper MTV 223 to group better. Right now I cant do better than 2 inches at 100 yards. I just cant figure it out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.