Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Dakotan!
get the preformance pack, comes with the best buffer out there, a volq. extractor, and a hex head takedown screw. Well worth it, good luck finding anyone that will say otherwise. He is a sponsor, and is listed on the main forum page. (to the left)

·
Registered
49 Posts
SPI 10/22 ShockStop Bolt Buffer

By producing this highly advanced polyurethane at just the right durometer (hardness), the end result is a buffer that will protect your receiver and optics by absorbing and dispersing the damaging shock associated with metal to metal contact during firing. Backed by an unlimited lifetime warranty against breakage, the ShockStop buffer is the last buffer you will ever need.
stratcat said:
I've been using them for 2-3 months in one 10/22 and a couple of months in the other. They workd great!! I have seen absolutely no wear on them and haven't had a problem yet. They are a bit more rigid than the other ones that I've seen, not as bendable. I've tried two other brands.

Great product from Hawk, check them out.
www.hawktecharms.com

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
And now so does mine!

I've been going to offer a lifetime guarantee on my Buffer for a long time, anyway.
Hawk just "spurred me along" a bit. :D

You'll do fine with either of our Buffers.:t

Take Care! - Dakotan

·
Registered
49 Posts
I believe his are:

WK 10/22 Urethane Bolt Recoil Buffer

That annoying "Clack" when firing will disappear completely with the installation of these Buffers. The Buffer eliminates metal to metal contact during recoil, protecting your receiver and optics from any shock-induced damage. After researching and testing different materials from Delrin to Vekton to Nitrile, among other materials, Hanson R&D has found the Urethane alloy used in WeaponKraft buffers to be the best material available for this application. This is backed up with a full money back guarantee. If you don't like them, send them back for a full refund.
Just to let you know im quote'ing people, to help you out a little bit.

I dont evin have my 10/22 yet. But I did order hawktech's buffer. should get them the day I get my rifle, about the same time too.

only 3 more days......

·
Registered
707 Posts
I have yet to try Hawktech's buffer, but I have a Dakotan in each of my 10/22s. I have tried a ton of different ones, but the one I got from WeaponKraft has been the best...by far.

It looks to me like Hawk's and Dakotan's are virtually the same thing. Hawktech said his is a little stiffer and its purple, where the WK is orange.

Since I don't have a Hawk Buffer for comparison, I will confidently state that you will never regret buying a WeaponKraft!!!

I even keep a spare to show poor souls who have not yet tried one . It is hard to get somebody to trust you taking their stock rifle apart, but when they shoot it, they want to buy the one you just stuck in there.:t :t :t

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Re: And now so does mine!

Dakotan said:
I've been going to offer a lifetime guarantee on my Buffer for a long time, anyway.
Hawk just "spurred me along" a bit. :D

You'll do fine with either of our Buffers.:t

Take Care! - Dakotan
do they actually wear at all?

and I in no way meant to put down your product, I've got some of your bolt buffers also, excellent stuff. But I didn't intend to say anything against yours.

there was one that I bought before the others that I wasn't crazy about, I can't remember the name, so I'll just keep my mouth shut. And no real reason, I just wasn't crazy about it, and it was expensive.

which sponsor is going to be the first to offer a double lifetime guarantee on his bolt buffer? :D

John

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Just my .22 (Magnums) worth.....

I can't honestly say which is the "best", since I never tried the Hawk buffer.

I believe that us "Maggits" gave the Dakotan buffer the most harsh testing over the past few years and his buffers passed with flying (day-glo orange) colors! :t

The design of the Ruger 10/22 Magnum's receiver is different from the LR's. The bolt stop pin, in the magnum, doesn't rest up against the receiver's rear wall, there is a gap. The bolt stop pin took all the abuse of the heavier Magnum bolt and more powerfull cartridge, directly on the two ends.

Bent, broken and shattered steel pins was a part of everyday life. If the receiver wasn't made of steel, there probably would have been damage to the pin hole areas, also.

Dakotan's buffer paid for themselves in the cost of postage for sending the damaged steel pin back to Ruger for exchange after every shooting session.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.