Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be building a Sporter/Hunter benchrest gun this spring and wanted some opinions on scopes. I wanted to get a fixed power scope just to keep things simple. I have heard good things about a lot of different scopes and was wondering if anyone could help sort out between the following:

- Burris 6x HBR
- Weaver T-6
- Sightron SII 6x42
- Leupold M8 6x42

Any others worth considering?

Also for this sort of competition what sort of reticle would be best? I am leaning toward a target dot.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Burris is very popular

I was at a Hunter BR match here in Austin the other day to watch and out of 15 shooters, I think 9 had Burris HBR 6X's on. Even one of the competitors remarked that there were 6 in a row on the line. That being said, I don't have personal experience with em.

D.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Burris 6XHBR II

Brookie,

I would only say that "weight" is an important issue in the selection of a scope for the 'Sporter/Hunter' BR class, so look at the scope weights carefully, as I am sure you will......! ! :)

I believe that is one area that gives the "Burris" an edge, but, I have not checked this out personally; just passing on some idle chatter from the Net...... ;)

And, the "Burris" 6XHBR II has 1/8 MOA click adjustments for 2003....! ! :cool:

Let us know what you decide on......! ! :) :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.