Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Best 22 Target Pistol???

1907 Views 21 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  speed647
Hello, I sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm new here.

I've been shooting for years... mostly .45ACP, .38special, .357mag, 9mm, and .40S&W, as you can see by my current and past collection below. Believe it or not, I have never owned or shoot a 22. I've done a couple of different searches and found some comments on Ruger MKIII, and I've looked at Ruger's website and found a LOT of 22 pistols. I'd like to hear Pro's and Con's on the MKIII, as well as others.

Can anyone give me suggestions on a good and reliable 22 pistol?
------------------------------------------------------
Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current Collection: Glock G26, G19, G23C, SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100
Former Collection: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
481 Posts
Not really a 'con' on the Ruger, but they are not the easiest pistols to field strip and clean. They seem to usually be very accurate and reliable. For the money, they are very hard to beat.

My personal feeling is that the S&W 41 is a much nicer pistol but you will pay a lot more for it. It will not necessarily shoot any better; it's just nicer. Don't know how else to describe it.

If you can find one, the old High Standard target pistols were very nice, too. I had a Victor that would drive tacks and never had any reliability issues. Like a fool, I sold it.

I am personally fond of S&W K22's.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.