Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any opinions on this would be appreciciated. I do not plan to use a scope, so I want adjustable sights. Besides that, anything else goes.

·
Registered
204 Posts
A Ruger 10/22 is a great fun plinking gun ... as is and no modifications. But you might want to lighten the trigger pull if you are not used to heavy triggers. I've had one for 20-25 years and it still shoots dime sized 5 shot groups at 25 yards with the right ammo.

.... Retiree

·
Registered
312 Posts
CZ ultra-lux $191.99 (what I paid from Whitakkers)

great adjustable iron sights that go out to 300 meters
add Brookie's trigger kit for another $9 and you are done.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a Marlin 81T that cost me $125 new at SportsAuthority. It's a bolt action tubular magazine holding about 15 22LR rounds.

It outshoots my custom 10/22, my custom Remington 597, my 3 other Marlins (Semi and Bolt), and my Charles Daly bolt action.

The trigger is a bit hard, but if you just clip the trigger spring 2 coils and polish the sear, you'll have a GREAT shooter with about a 3lb pull.

There's a lot of info on the trigger fix here, it took me about 15 minutes to do. More info on Marlin Talk forums.

Good luck and have fun with whatever you buy.

Steve

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Bought a CZ 452 Special last year for $189 and it is the best shooting 22 rimfire I ever owned next to my former Sako Finnfire - a $675 rifle. For accuracy for the price that is the way I would go - plus it comes with a nice set of open sights.

·
Registered
594 Posts
After owning 6-8 and shooting several more,I think the CZ is easily the best rimfire for under 200 made.Excellent sights,very accurate trigger is easy to work on plus they look good!

Contrary to what some have found,the plain Weaver tip-off rings have always worked fine on the CZ's for me.

Last time I was at Whittaker's the had the special's for 179.00,and as el solo said the ultra's for 191.00.

·
Registered
292 Posts
CZ all the way!

In my experience, the savage MKIIlv/bv is as accurate as the CZ, but it is a heavy barrel with no sights. The CZ is my choice not even taking the iorn sights into consideration, the fact that it has really good sights should seal the deal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.