Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In terms of accuracy and reliability, do you have any experience/pointers regarding the following .22lr kits for 1911s:

The Wilson Combat .22 kit
The Ciener conversion
or Other​
Bill Wilson's kit appears to be one finely crafted piece, but I've only seen it on the glossy pages of his catalog.

Ciener makes a solid kit for ARs (from what I've read on ar15.com), but I haven't heard much about their 1911 rig.

And if you know of a kit that tops them all, do tell.

·
Registered
644 Posts
If you want it for a bullseye conversion the best available is a Marvel. Kart if you can find one. Don't know it they will take Ciener mags they use a Colt conversion style magazine on the Marvels. The Marvels will all shoot under 1 inch at 50yds from a Ransom Rest and come with a target button showing an average group for the unit. They I believe fire about 100 rounds through each one during testing at Marvel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the Ciener and had nothing but problems with it - and no support/help from Ciener. I have a Wilson and it works great; and if needed, Wilson also provides good support for their products. No experience with Marvel.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Probably because its the only one I have. Its an engraved pre WWII Colt conversion given to me by my dad who traded for it in the 50s. Its surprising accurate considering the floating chamber. Ive owned it about 25 years never had a jam or misfire with it. I would probably go with Wilson If I wanted a newer one. They did a nice job on the one I looked at. They also have a very good track record with 1911s.

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
Go with an original Colt Conversion unit - it's worth the $$$ diff. I had my first one, years ago - but like a dummy, I sold it when the prices went up.
Like Rick, I too, had nothing but trouble with my Ceiner after a 200 round honeymoon.
I sold the Ceiner to a know-it-all, who was convinced it didn't matter & found another gennie.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
HunterRick said:
I have the Ciener and had nothing but problems with it - and no support/help from Ciener. I have a Wilson and it works great; and if needed, Wilson also provides good support for their products. No experience with Marvel.
Wanna sell that Ciener? Email me--just click on my name.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.