Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SIGH

Ever since I bought it I have had an issue with the trigger not resetting after firing. After firing, most of the time I would have to slip my finger behind the trigger and push it forward before it would fire again.

With the help of 38Super I was able to trace the problem to the bar that runs down the right side on the inside of the frame rubbing against the mag.

I tried tweaking the bar and the mag, tried a little polishing, tried about 750 rounds through it in hopes that things would sort out and loosen up. No dice.

This morning I called Beretta USA and explained the situation to the "technical desk" (I forgot the official name). I asked if this was something I could correct or if it needed to go back. The guy was very nice and said it needed to come back for warranty repair.

I guess I get to be the lucky tester since I have heard of no one else having issues. C'est la guerre!

It'll mean being without for a short time (I hope), but it'll be worth it to have it right.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It is probably for the best anyway. You must realize that warranty repairs are documented, and if a trend appears certain modifications are made in production. These measures also go directly to the quality control department too. I've seen it a few times as an automotive technician, and in the firearms industry.

·
Registered
33 Posts
AWP,
You are not alone. I'm having the same problem with my Neos.
I checked and the transfer bar is not rubbing the mag like yours is, it seems as if there isn't enough spring tension on the transfer bar to re-engage it against the sear after every shot.

I'm getting ready to call and send mine back for repairs.
My question to you is: How long did Beretta keep your gun and can you tell what they did to it?
Did they tweak the transfer bar or did they replace the spring where the transfer bar and trigger meet?

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.