Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I love my ARX. Have about 4000 rounds thru it so far with zero malfunctions. Put any ammo I could find thru it, about 8 or 9 types so far. It is not a target rifle but have had good accuracy out to 100 yards with plated ammo. Trigger has lightened up well but am too looking to do a trigger mod. I notice it runs well dry and dirty. I don't really clean it other than bore snake and clean the barrel after use.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I love my ARX. Have about 4000 rounds thru it so far with zero malfunctions. Put any ammo I could find thru it, about 8 or 9 types so far. It is not a target rifle but have had good accuracy out to 100 yards with plated ammo. Trigger has lightened up well but am too looking to do a trigger mod. I notice it runs well dry and dirty. I don't really clean it other than bore snake and clean the barrel after use.
My observations are the same. However, it's so easy to take down, I clean the whole thing.

·
Registered
105 Posts
New ARX 160

I just purchased a new ARX 160 - it arrived in the mail on Wednesday, I had it out to the range today. I know I am posting in an old thread, but these rifles have only just become available in Canada. I am very impressed with the reliability using a wide variety of different .22lr ammo, but as others have said the trigger is in need of some help. Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding aftermarket triggers, drop in components or custom trigger work?
Thanks
TEG

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ol' Reliable

I've had a rimfire ARX-160 for about two years now, so far it's been a great shooter, no malfunctions with CCI, Federal bulk or Remington Thunderbolts. I've also had an Umarex HK MP5-22 for many years that's been just as reliable & accurate.

One feature I liked about this one was the solid barrel, not a sleeved barrel. Easy to break down for cleaning too.

Only regret was my Black Dog drum. HK Parts sells a drum for the rimfire HKs, Colt M4s & ARX. Not reliable. The follower angle is flatter than the Beretta factory mag or my Colt M4 mags and the fit front-back is much looser so if you push forward on the drum or use it as a rest it's close enough to feed most ammo, but pull back and nothing feeds.

Picked mine up on sale at Academy Sports for $350.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had my ARX for a little more than a year and really like it. The ambi controls are a huge benefit (I'm left-handed and my son is right-handed). I also like how easily it breaks down. My one big question about the rifle is, does anyone know how to clean the outside of the barrel that is inside the polymer? In other words, is there some way to get the barrel out? I'm just wondering what can be done if the rifle gets dropped in the mud or rained on? Can the polymer come off easily?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Boy, I’m tempted to jump on this deal from PSA. Seems too good to pass up but I’ve already got a Savage and Marlin.
What would be the recommended upgrades, if any, that would bump the price and the “good deal”?
I’d probably be looking at least for a scope for the aging eyes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I picked up one of these on the PSA deal and have had it out a few times now. I am really liking it, the flip up sights work great and I added an $20 field sport red dot on a 1/2" quick release riser. It co witnesses with the sights and can be removed with the flip of a lever. I have only really shot steel plates with it but the feeling is that the gun is surprisingly accurate.

I find the magazine very easy to load, and preferable to load over the 15-22 and Black Dog Sig 522 mags. I do wish the trigger was lighter but I can already feel it getting better with use. When new the bolt felt a gritty and I did not have high hopes for reliability but I don't think I have had a single failure and now runs much smother.

I added some 1" webbing and triglides to make my own sling attached to the front sling swivel and but stock sling loop. This thing has lots of sling loops on it. The charging handle came on the left side and would jab me in the stomach when using the sling. So I changed the charging handle to the right side which was easy, and more traditional for what I am used to. While I had it apart it did not look like you can change ejection to the left side on this .22 even though the bolt has openings on both sides like it should be a possibility.

I think it is a really fun gun and am glad to have it in the collection.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ordered this last week, got to the range today, color me impressed! %%%% fine rifle right out the box. I slapped a cheaper red dot on it and was dialed in at 25 yds within short order. This thing ate all kinds of ammo and delivered with great accuracy, although I’d probably say the CCI standard velocity performed just a tad better.
I’d been struggling with my Savage 64 with FTFs, it’s mags etc, and became very frustrated. This Beretta solves that problem in spades. Really happy that I had the feeling that I just HAD to have this shooter!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts