Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have one on order. Anyone have one? Have the .22 version already but had been wanting the .25 to give it a try. What kind of pellets does your like? If you do any hunting with it are the results noticeably better than with other air gun calibers and which pellets do you like for hunting? Finally has anyone done any turkey hunting with theirs? Or any air guns? Where do you like to shoot for? I'm thinking the base of the neck.(legal where I live)

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
I have no personal experience with the Marauder, but I was thinking about buying one a few years ago. These are two videos that I remember that were well-made with a lot of accuracy testing. Hope this helps.

If I were looking for an air rifle for hunting, I would still give the MRod in .25 a serious look. Enjoy your new .25

·
Registered
636 Posts

I mainly use JSB Exact pellets in my.25 Marauder. Predator Poly Mags shoot good but seem to lose accuracy past 50 yards or so. You will find that the.25 is a hammer compared to your .22! Not legal for turkey here, but I've killed hundreds of squirrels,a few ***** and possums and lots of crows.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
I like the Predator PolyMags. You will like it. I'm going to give you some advice. This is just my opinion. I wouldn't go down the rabbit hole with after market modifications if you ever decide to. The .25 is pretty awesome the way it is. After buying after market parts for mine I could have bought a nicer PCP air rifle in .25 caliber that would have been night and day difference as far as shots per fill and power. Just my opinion. You will like it and it's quiet. :)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The polymags are definitely on the list of pellets to try, have H&N barracudas, crow mags, and field target trophy on order to start. I don't have any plans to mod it in anyway. I figure for most of what I do the stock gun will be fine as that's how my .22 is and it does great, just had been wanting a little more oomph.

·
Registered
311 Posts
You are on the right tract. Leave the M-rod alone except do the lawyer spring mod for the trigger. Put o-rings in the barrel band to stop point of impact changes. The M-rod is great like it is. The best pellets I have found are the JSB 25.39 and I have tried several others and stick with the JSB 25.39.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts