Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Don't have one of those. But I do have a B-76 in 9MM. Hard to find parts for yours too?
I wish I had gotten the B-76S model.
Scott

·
Registered
13 Posts
Benelli MP95E

Hey Glee

Yep, sure do have a Benelli, model MP95E (the Atlanta is part chrome). Nice pistol. Magazine loads to the front of the trigger guard, hold 9 shots, does not lock open on the last shot, very sensitive to grip styles (my wife, without a strong grip get plenty of jams, I don't get any) and ammo (it doesn't like the cheap stuff but Federal does well). It is designed for subsonic ammo, 1080 fps stuff. The grip is small, perfect for my wife but not for me. She now uses my S&W 41 and I use the Benelli. I am in the process of making a custom grip (out of epoxy clay) for the pistol. I'm about 95% percent complete and can't wait to shoot it. It shoots very well, and because of grip and it's angle, lends itself to shoot bullseye very nicely. It has some trigger adjustments but not as much as the MP90 (that is the only difference between the two, and the grip is better on the 90). We bought 4 extra magazines and the two barrel weights and price came out to be $1,100. Not to say it's not worth it, but my new S&W41 came to a few pennies shy of $1,000 after getting 5 magazines for it.

We sometimes shoot RIPSC (rimfire IPSC) and it does't do well with that. Doesn't fit well with most holsters like the S&W41. But, what it does, it does well, and that is bullseye. I contacted Benelli about 4-5 months ago they said they just stopped making them. I would hold out for a MP90 (better trigger) but I heard that the best gun out there is the Baikal IZH 35. It's rough, but good. Walther takes that gun and does what the Russians didn't have time to finish. It's looks great, grip looks great, and they say that the trigger is **** near infinitely adjustable; all for under $600 in regular trim and about $900 in Walther trim (these look nice).

If you never had custom trigger jobs on your pistols, you'll look the trigger on the Benelli. It's muzzle heavy and you keep the target in your sights almost all the time. A great gun. I wouldn't sell it but I'm am going to buy another type of 22. This one will stay as my bullseye gun (especially with the new grip) and I will get one more suited for action shooting.

If you get the Benelli or any other highend 22, they come with tight chambers and require you to have a wooden dowel rod to push out the cheapie's that don't go bang. Most extractors will not extract an unfired round. That's why I don't like to use it for RIPSC.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Kelly

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Kelly,

Actually, I already have one, in blue and single barrel, and I like it. I just wanted to know if anyone else had one and what their experiences were. It seems relatively unknown to most, although I heard that the MIT pistol team once used and liked them.
I'm sorry to hear they discontinued it. I think it's a good pistol. I did have the forethought to order 1 spare magazine. Should have gotten more. I wonder if I can order a replacement trigger upgrade and what that would cost, although my trigger is OK. I've been using Federal Ultra-Match and it does very well. Got mine for about $500, so I chose it over others. I think it's a lot of gun for that amount of money. The grip is a little off for me too, a little long in proportion front to back. I'll be hacking on that a little.
I just got a P22 with the short barrel, a totally different animal. Now if I can just get to shoot a little more accurately, something between the two.

Thanks for your feedback. I hope others chip in. I hate to think that we're the only ones.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys:

yes I too have one of the MP95's, Atlanta series. It is a very accurate pistol, and I've been shooting it for 4 years competitively and absolutely love it. I like the way it locks my wrist/forearm, controlling any movement there.
I went a step further for bullseye and put a Redfield ESD on top of it, and it has won me several matches lately. Keep in touch, and let me know how you guys are doing with yours.

I had actually looked for a Benelli section here, but didn't see anything listed, so likewise, glad to hear from you.

n8

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well... that's 3 of us.

What ammo are you guys using? I've had good luck with Federal Gold Medal Match, but it's pricey. I've also had reasonable luck with the Target. I had heard somewhere that the Target's were cull outs of the Match so I experimented with miking the rims on the Target. I had noticed that the Gold Medal rims were very consistant and the Target were not. I started grouping them together. I haven't shot that ammo gun combination for a while, but I seem to remember it worked well. Anyone else try this?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Glee:

Sorry for the delay, away from the computer for a day or two. My Benelli shoots best with EleyTenex and a close second would be the Fiocchi Match 320. Extremely tight groups, tighter than I can shoot with the naked eye, My ESD has helped a lot.

n8

·
Registered
507 Posts
RIPSC (rimfire IPSC)??

Tell me more!! I am interested. I have shot a little IPSC with my 10/22, just for giggles, but it shot well and if hit right would take over a full sized popper. Feel free to send me any info on this sport to [email protected]. I am really interested in hearing more about this game lol

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I have two MP95E's, one that I bought new about 3 or 4 years ago and another I found on GunBroker.com maybe a year later. I have an Optima 2000 red dot sight on one, factory iron sights on the other. The Optima is perfect for this gun - too bad it, too, was discontinued.

It's my understanding that they're no longer imported because the magazine is ahead of the trigger guard, making the thing legally an assault weapon. Obviously a case of PC gun laws gone berserk, if true. Imagine, if you can, a 9-shot .22 assault target pistol!

I hadn't heard they were discontinued, but with no US market it's not hard to see why this might be so. Too bad - they're really nice pistols. Use one of these for awhile & most other .22 handguns feel kinda clunky.

-Wash

·
Registered
60 Posts
My son and I bought a pair of used MP95s in.32 wadcutter a few years ago. Our bullseye scores took a dramatic leap over the 1911 bullseye guns we had been shooting. I now regularly shoot better centerfire scores than rimfire scores. I have the opportunity to buy a new MP95 in.22 cal. but I hesitate to spend 800 dollars on pistol, 150 for a set of Nill grips, and 50 bucks each for a few more magazines, for a pistol that is no longer in production. Especially when I have a 41 S&W, and a Hammerlli Trailside already. Spare parts are not available and Benelli was no help at all when I called them about magazines for our .32s. Too bad, cause I really love the gun and I'm sure I'd score better with it than what I'm currently shooting. Just hate the thought of having a 1000 dollar gun become a paper weight because I can't replace a few parts.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Dave: You might keep an eye on the online gun sales & auction sites (GunBroker.com, GunsAmerica, etc.) I bought my 2nd MP95E that way. Paid $400, it was like new.

I didn't know Benelli made it in .32 WC (.32 S&W Long?). Do you know if it's still made? The closest I've seen is a Hammerli - I forget the model no. - that looks a lot like the MP95E. It goes for something like $1500, which is more than I'm willing to lay out.

I wish the Russians made the Baikal in this cal.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wa****da, Unfortunately, Bennelli no longer makes the MP95 in .32 S&W either. I really enjoy shooting mine and have actually fired my personal best NRA bullseye score with the .32 and not the .22. My son has a .32 MP95 also, but he gennerally just shoots the rimfire match. If you're interested, I can ask him if he wants to sell it. These are pleasant little guns to shoot at about half the cost of a hammerli. I also have a Pardini that is just as accurate but not as reliable. I'm working on that but It's not quite were I want to be.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.