Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
  • Beware of Scammers! Does it sound too good to be true? New user has just what you were looking for? Don't get scammed! When in doubt, use escrow.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello: How do you folks shoot your CZ off of the bench? I assume most use an adjustable front rest and some kind of bags in the rear. What set-up has worked for you. I realize practice is important and I enjoy my time shooting, but I want to make sure I am not practicing bad techniques. I shoot alone, so I can not check out anyone elses set-up and I have not found any good books or videos on shooting rimfire benchrest. I am enjoying the shooting, but I sure would like to break 240 next month. My front rest currently has a flat bag on it and I am considering putting one of the protektor #1 bags there. Any helpful bench shooting information will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mike

Ps I did the Brookie spring set-up on my CZ and the improvement was very noticeable.

Pss My scope is a Simmons 1022T (3x-9x). I am thinking of a Weaver T36.

· Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alaska Mike: I would like to see those wind flags also. The effect of the wind is still a big unknown to me.

Brookie: Do you not use any kind of support in the rear, only your shoulder? I tried that and shot pretty well, but thought it was supposed to work better with bags.

Thanks for the tips.

One more question, and this will really show my newness to benchrest shooting. What exactedly is an adjustable windage top? Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.