Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some high quality bench rifles and equipment available for .22 bench competition? I've heard of a few, but don't know a great deal about them. I'm getting interested in this sport and I want to get into it. I would like to know more about equipment to check out. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Randall,
The best place to see and learn about the different actions being used is at a sanctioned match. You'll be able to ask the shooters their thoughts on the various actions.

Competitive rifles have been built on the Anschutz, Suhl, Hall, Turbo, Rem 40X, Sako and a handful of other actions.

To find matches in your area, go to Benchrest Central and click on the various organizations' links. Find the schedule page and pick out some to attend. Expect to be offered the loan of equipment to shoot. Most all the shooters you will meet are really great folks.

Gary

·
Banned
873 Posts
That's good info. Go to Benchrest Central and look at the various .22 sanctioning body's schedules. You will see where there are shoots. Go,observe,ask,all these guys will help. There are usually 1 or 2 guns for sale as well.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Randall, one of the easiest

places to check out equipment is right here on RFC. Go to the section where match scores are posted. A rundwon of equipment will be there also.

The advantage to this is that equipment will be posted for classes that are not contested in sanctioned matches. If you are on a budget [like most of us], this might be very useful as you could more accurately pick out a "starter" gun that could be a knock em dead squirrel rifle later when you progress to better equipment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.