Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they seem to be pretty highly regarded. The price is pretty high on them. what is the deal with them? advantages? what makes them better than a Turner Custom, Fajen or Richard's Microfit.

I'm just curious guys, I'm not wanting to start a war..

thanks..

John

·
Registered
380 Posts
I own a Bell and Carlson Odessey stock and I see in quality where the reciever mounts no difference than cheaper made stocks. However in the rest of the stock it is great. The stock does look great also see my pictures under the Ultimate 10/22 section of the Fourms. I judge my stocks on two things, number one is style and comfort to the shooter and second is the milled or machined area where the reciever mounts.
I know you can always bed the receiver to a stock for a custom fit,but quality stocks a lot of times need not be beded to the reciever.
Look at the Volquartsen VX2500 or VX5000 stock for the best of the best in mounting a reciever without bedding. Next look at the Bell and Carlson or the Boyds and the Fajen's next. No offense to you Hogue stock or Butler Creek stock guys, but look at them last.
Most of my 22's are for pinpoint accuracy grouping, if you are hunting or just plinking get a cheap light weight stock, if you are in competition or want pinpoint to the thousandth of an inch accuracy, go with the most expensive and heaviest stock that your class of competition and wallet will allow.

·
Registered
22,250 Posts
strat,
I have a B&C Anschutz style and really like the fit and feel. It rides the bags well also. The main advantage I can see is that a composite stock won't change POI due to weather, heat and humidity. Its on my "main" target 10/22.
I've always liked a pretty chunk of wood though, the B&C is the only composite stock I own. I've also got a laminated "T" stock I really like.
I think it all boils down to the individuals preference, but you won't see many real wood stocks at a high-stakes CF benchrest competition.

G'luck JL

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have the B&C Anschutz style stock on my 10/22 as well. I really like the feel of it. I prefer it to the Fajen stock. I suggest trying to get a hold of any stock you're seriously looking at to see how you like it. I purchased a Fajen, but went back to the B&C. The feel is all a matter of personal preference. As far as workmanship, the B&C was excellent as was the Fajen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.