Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm after a bit of feedback from you guys that have been down this road before. I've fitted a 20" fluted GM barrel to my 77/17 and bedded the action. I normaly like to bed the first few inches of the barrel forward of the receiver but having a look at this barrel the flutes on the underside and sides come back to within about 0.7" of the receiver. I'm reluctant to bed using my preferred method as it would no doubt be impossible to remove the barrel without damaging the bedding due to the flutes allowing devcon to flow into them and locking the barrel to the stock. Any ideas or alternative bedding options? Or is OK to leave a heavy barrel like this fully floated (and unsupported)? What methods have given good accuracy for you guys? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
297 Posts
:yeahthat: That worked for me, I also let the clay dry out and get hard, that way it doesnt squish out on accident.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.