Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my hogue's barrel channel is a touch to one side. i want to fix this and improve accuracy. any way to do this??? which is best to use??? i would like to bed both the barrel and action. thanks!!!
-mwm

·
Registered
731 Posts
Is your stock new? I had the same problem, as did others here. Mine was pretty bad, the empty stock even looked cockeyed. I sent my stock back and they sent a replacement, no questions asked. Might be an option for you.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jaybones said:
Is your stock new? I had the same problem, as did others here. Mine was pretty bad, the empty stock even looked cockeyed. I sent my stock back and they sent a replacement, no questions asked. Might be an option for you.
no my stock is a few months old now. i notied the barrel channel when i bought it, but a lot of people said dont worry it is just the way they come out sometimes. i dont think it has hurt my accuracy cause i can shoot some really tight groups. this is just a cosmetic issue for me really, better accuray would just be a bonus.
-mwm

·
Registered
297 Posts
Just get the vq kit

The kit is only $20 and is so incredibly simple to install. All you need is an electric drill. It works a lot better than just a washer. I bedded my hogue with the VQ setup and with the brownells acraglas kit. It was pretty straight forward and has made it my fault if I miss my target. All told I spent about $40 and there is really nothing more I can do to improve the accuracy of my rifle other than learning how to shoot it better. The one problem is now I have nothing to tinker with and am getting bored. Maybe I can talk my wife into letting me get another one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.