Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Bead sight

901 12
I finely ordered the stuff to do the bead sight as suggested in Open Sight Improvements for Ruger Rimfire Handguns By D. K. Taylor. Though I would pass on some comments the modification went a Talor describes accept for the new sight blade. The new blade was thicker then the old blade and I had to take a file to it. In all it took me about 1/2 hour to do the front sight and about the same for the blade. Here are some pictures. The sight picture is retouched but is representative of what you actually see.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I also did the same...and I love the way it turned out.

My rear sight blade has been shaved down a few thousands, and re-contoured though...I think the small "notch" in the rear blade is a little easier to use than the big, open "V" notch before the retouch.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I took the poor mans approach and applied Nitesiters (www.nitesiters.com) to my MK1 with excellent results. They really sharpen the sight picture and they only cost something like $8. Even if you anticipate a more extensive future modification the Nitesiters will give you a low cost chance to see how you might like a dot sight.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A little up date.
When I took it to the range I did not have enough adjustment in the rear sight. I checked the new sight and it was a little shorter then the original sight. I orderd a new shorter bead sight and it worked great.
Original new bead sight 579-502-922 29-MR, White, .290" Ht
New new bead sight 579-503-422 34-MR, White, .343" Ht

I understand the Nitesiters but I like the dot the i concept. I can shoot the bead sight almost as good as an optical sight.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Got this same setup on mine only problem is that I lose the white front sight on paper to easy,go figure:rolleyes: Was hoping youd point out the fiber front light pipe you describe. I cant seem to find one except at ruger a part # would be great help.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Got this same setup on mine only problem is that I lose the white front sight on paper to easy,go figure:rolleyes: Was hoping youd point out the fiber front light pipe you describe. I cant seem to find one except at ruger a part # would be great help.
Not hard to find...if you do indeed have the same setup, you've already researched Marbles.
They carry a full line of all different sized white, gold, and mutliple fiber optic colors.... :bthumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.