Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
36,633 Posts
TROLL ALERT- TROLL ALERT

EDIT: MAYBE NOT, MAYBE MY BAD. Anybody got a real answer for this guy? It just looked kind of weird...wrong forum....low # post....NFA questions.....people been doing strange things here and I could be very wrong......IF SO I Apologize.

·
36,633 Posts
markdperkins said:
OK, it's getting worse, now there are two things I don't have a clue about on this post:

1.) bayonet mounted suppressors

2.) troll alert

WOW, it's Friday the 13th, huh...guess that explains things!
You have a P.M. :) :t

·
Registered
297 Posts
?????

I have never heard of a 10/22 having a bayonet????? It isnt a military rifle and does not have a lug or other mounting point. Mounting a supressor to a bayonet??????? Thats just crazy talk.

·
Registered
741 Posts
What's to Troll about this?

Maybe he's meaning a lug type adapter for a CAN aka like the HK 3 lug adapters.

It's not like this is so controversial we're going to be jumping all over each other is it?

what am I missing?

·
Registered
264 Posts
well, not to defend trolling...

But maybe I have some insight.

There are lots of old military arms that used bayonet lug mounted supressors- esp the germans and russians in WWII. I saw a pic of a mosin-nagant and it used the bayo lug to mount an early model supressor.

Furthermore, there is a canadian firm that sells muzzle adapters than pin on and provide a threaded end for muzzle device mounting- usually supressors but whatever you want. They do call them bayonet mounts.

Let me look for a link. (pause)
http://www.canadiantactical.ca/Specs/SAKSuppressor.PDF

the supressor uses a QD mount they call a QD BAyonet mount, here:
http://www.canadiantactical.ca/Specs/SAKMount.PDF

So go easy on the new guy!

I'll admit, there is a plethora of new members on ALL forums whose first posts are outrageous illegal suggestions, or are poorly concealed attempts to discuss things illegal, immoral, or unsavory (so much so that I posted a thread on it- either on thehighroad or thefiringline, I forget.)

But this time, I think the new guy is OK.

C-

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
cpileri, I found your link very interesting. Every forum pretty much has the same problems :rolleyes:

As to this thread, I thought it would probably bear watching, but I figured I would wait and see whether the original poster ever even came back to see the results, and if he did, whether he offered some explanation. Trolls usually ask questions, and then beat it, so unless it is really obvious, I like to adopt a wait and see policy. The question itself is not harming anyone, and I have found in the past that sometimes people just don't communicate very well.

·
Registered
396 Posts
sorta....

"cpileri, I found your link very interesting. Every forum pretty much has the same problems "

Sorta true... but actually, I spend a lot of time on a sniper site, and things get REALLY questionable over there when someone new shows up and asks about tactics of snipers over in the sand box, or how to defeat IR equipment, or capabilities of a 50BMG, etc... Thankfully, no one responds with anything other than "sorry, ain't appropriate talking about that on public forums..."

Personally I wouldn't worry about a newbie that wants to know about a can on a 10/22, after all, still need the tax stamp to get the can... and most of us know there are much better solutions for supression anyway... right?

Postal
;)

(edited to add) By the way, I only have a few posts myself, but I was a lurker for a long, long time, but been gone about 2 years, and finally registered a week ago... (was here all the time when CD checked in almost daily)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Ha

I did the same with my rail gun, but come on, only 25000 feet per second???Thats nothin'

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
That was great, Dwight!

Hey, who cares about suppression, or even bayonets these days. I just tried out my new derringer pocket rail gun. I can shoot pocket lint at light speed, goes right through depleted uranium armor (chavum grade) at a little over 10 miles. I can't see much further than that with the IR/thermal night scope, but after all I shouldn't expect too much from the pocket version, I guess?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi!
Ive seen suppressed 10/22 on this page so I thougt it was ok to ask about silencers/suppressors (not meaning flash suppressors). Sorry if i broke any rules.

Bayonet mount doesnt mean that there is a mount to attach a bayonet to your 10/22, I am referreing to a certain way to mount things. Light bulbs can have the bayonet mount for example. Silencers/suppressors with this mount is attached to the weapon sliding it over the barrel and then twisting it, locking it around the front sight, hence bayonet mount.

I know there can be some problems with this when it comes to the sights and barrel of the factory barrel but I thought maybe someone had solved it.

/P

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
By the way, my question is of pure curiosity. I live in Sweden where we are not allowed to have silencers.

And no im not going to ask about sniper issues. I have done my military service in Sweden and one tour in Bosnia and one in Kosovo.

I came to this forum because I just added a ruger 10/22 to my weapon "wardrobe".

Have a nice day
/P

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.