1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Pinball
-------------------
Hello Joe:

I have my scores for March.Unfortunately my operation took away any chance for shooting my 10/22's.I hope to shoot them in April.Thanks.
Mike Chappelear
-------------------
25yds. BAB
-------------------
246-8X
Anschutz 1710 HB
Fed. Lightning
Sightron 6-24x40 Scope
-------------------
25yds
-------------------
249-9x
Wolf Match Target
Equipment same as above
-------------------
50yds.
-------------------
240-6x
Lapua M
Equipment same as above

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Looks like the Anschutz is going to shoot, Pinball. Interesting that you break 240 at 50 yards, but no 250 at 25. I still haven't figured out the 25 v. 50 business. Definitely something there. When I had the old barrel on my Sako, it would shoot 250s all day at 25, but wouldn't come close to 240 at 50. Anyhow, good shooting, friend.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Hey Mike,
Thanks for the kind words.This dawg will hunt!And I haven't even started ammo testing yet or gotten a BR stock for it.I have noticed the phenomenon you mentioned.I think it is due to the fact only minute adjustments are needed at 25yds. as you move from target to target.You think things are sitting just right when in reality they aren't.Just a minute bind on the stock will throw the shot.
Mike

·
Registered
232 Posts
Great shooting Mike. The 1710 is a fine piece of equipment. Which stock does it have now, Classic or Monte Carlo. Either one is a bear to shoot off the bench as well as you have done this month. No telling what it will do in a good BR stock with good ammo. Looks like you are ready to take on the RBA boys now. I know you will enjoy it. It is a great game with great people.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Great shooting, Mike
I thought it was just me....I couldn't squeeze a 250 out of the Suhl, either, not even indoors.:(
I think we're going to see some high scores this summer, once everyone gets their new guns tuned, and learns what they like. I remember when I was looking forward to shooting my first 250. I've got the same feeling now about seeing 240 @ 50 yards.
Renegade

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Pinball
I bet you are going to get to like the Anschutz more and more as time goes on and you shoot it more. The 1710 HB is a shooter and I have posted some 250s at 25 with mine in the past. I just got it pillar bedded but have not had a day that the wind didn't try to blow the rest off the bench to tell if it helped or will just make it more consistant from day to day. You are right out scores are very close, But think I gotcha with the BAB this time.LOL
good shooting
graybeard
:t

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.