Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Barreling another 10-22

3086 Views 23 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  James Cottrell
With my new super grade inbound, I reached into the gun safe to shoot a few other 10/22's

After rescoping my Charger with Kidd barrel and re zeroing I moved onto my problem child Fedderson barreled 10/22

I hoped the accuracy issues that plagued it had disappeared, but no dice.

Will all the luck I've had with my charger kidd build; shooting pretty much everything awesome, I figured its time for a new barrel and Kidd was gonna be it.

This is going to be set up for the bench so weight is not an issue.

I was bouncing back and forth between the 18 or 20 inch unfluted HB.

Wanted to get some opinions on which barrel to go with?

This is a factory Ruger receiver and bolt with a kidd single stage trigger group.

It sits in a magpul stock - subject to change
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Premium Member
7,111 Posts
Putting a Kidd barrel on a Ruger receiver is a bit like putting a Ferrari engine in a Hyundai. I say go for a Kidd barrel in a Kidd receiver.
If your starting a build from scratch I'd say absolutely go with an aftermarket receiver. But if you already have a Ruger receiver there's nothing wrong with putting an aftermarket barrel on it. The receiver (assuming there's nothing wrong with it) really has no effect on accuracy. I've had some great builds using Ruger oem receivers, including my most recent one here.

Attachments

· Registered
1,637 Posts
If your starting a build from scratch I'd say absolutely go with an aftermarket receiver. But if you already have a Ruger receiver there's nothing wrong with putting an aftermarket barrel on it. The receiver (assuming there's nothing wrong with it) really has no effect on accuracy. I've had some great builds using Ruger oem receivers, including my most recent one here.
Beautiful rifle:t What is the barrel & stock?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.