Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an e-mail today. Here's the jist of it:

Just a note to update you. I don't have your order due to a email change and I deleted a bunch stuff I should not have. All the stocks that were ordered from walnut or the standard laminates, coffee, midnight, and camo plus the left hand models from the same wood are done. If that is what you ordered the following infor is for you. If not it is still for you but the new color wood is not in yet.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Hey BlkHawk73,

Thanks for posting this but I do ask you not post Elizabeth's email address. That was a private email address and she asked not to post it. I am waiting for Admin to contact me but so far no luck, unless the one I got from an individual today is a Moderator.

I was hoping to give the 800# and email address of the company that makes the Barracuda, since they have corrected the problem that caused production to be stopped. I had also hope to let folks know that the coffee, midnight, camo and walnut in all the configurations are done and ready for shipping. I guess better wait to put that 800 # and email address up till I hear something.

Mike

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mikey t said:
Hey BlkHawk73,

Thanks for posting this but I do ask you not post Elizabeth's email address. That was a private email address and she asked not to post it. I am waiting for Admin to contact me but so far no luck, unless the one I got from an individual today is a Moderator.

I was hoping to give the 800# and email address of the company that makes the Barracuda, since they have corrected the problem that caused production to be stopped. I had also hope to let folks know that the coffee, midnight, camo and walnut in all the configurations are done and ready for shipping. I guess better wait to put that 800 # and email address up till I hear something.

Mike
I didn't post that info on purpose. Didn't want them to be flooded. Just wanted to let folks know that there has been progress on this.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Mikey,

Will they be making a stock for the magnum? I want to get a Cuda possibly for a Volquartsen 22 WMR and I don't want to have to inlet a 22 LR stock.

Also, what other colors are they making (besides what you listed) and is this just a limited run? Or will this permanent venture?

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
873 Posts
Hi Tim,

Yes they make everything for the Mag as well. It is a permenant thing too. Remember if you want this for the VQ mag the little shelf at the back of the action for the Ruger must be cut out. Other than that it is basically a drop in. I have found that the VQ is much more true that the Rugers but I have also found that the Ruger mag is better than the rf actions. I have both the Ruger and VQ mag actions at my shop for fitting and I have also found that the VQ is a bit more narrow than the Ruger. This might make for a little loose inletting but you could always bed it.

Mike

·
Registered
873 Posts
Hi Mike, Tim and others,

Well I don't really want to get into promoting them any more than I have and I only did this to try to get this mess straightened out.

I would suggest you contact them and should you decide to order anything tell give them my name and they"ll probably let you have it at twice the price! :D If you have a stock on order from the first order I placed with them, you really need to contact them, if you still want the stock. If not let them know so they can sell them to someone else.

The Barracuda is made in the Magnum length as well as left hand. I don't know if they have any of the Mags in stock but it would not hurt to ask. I do know that all the coffee, midnight, camo and walnut from the time I took orders before are done, as well as the left hand. The bright colors had not come in the last time I taled with them which was Tues of last week.

Tim,if you put a Volquartsen in the std Ruger inlet it will be a little on the loose side, at least for me. I like the inletting to be as tight as possible but with the Ruger actions that has proven to be a problem.

If I can be of further service let me know.

Mike

ps contact info is here in this thread as well as the other recent Barracuda thread I placed a couple of days ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.