Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Swap meet at my old Club yesterday, saw a ANIB Benjamin Marauder on a table with several tins of pellets, scope, scuba tank adapter. Asked what caliber and how much. 25 cal. (already have a Daystate Regal in .25) and $350 for the rifle, pellets and tank adapter...wow a deal, got the scope (which retails for $199 on Pyramid Air for another $45. Couldn't pass it up even though I really don't need it. Stopped by the local gun shop to get a small ammo can for the pellets, yeah that many,I'll try to get some photo's up later today.

As an aside one of the employees purchased my Tikka I'd been trying to sell, a good day. 馃榿

Premium Member
My first PCP was a Marauder in .25 cal. Had a Hawke 4-16 x 44 scope on top. About 500 grackles and 6 years later, I sold it; and sorry I did. Sometimes looking over the fence for greener pastures isn't so good. Congrats, you will really like the gun. They pack a punch and do so quietly.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Just finished running 24 pellets through it, accuracy is right there with my Daystate Regal which is excellent, POI dropped about 2/10's of an inch on the last eight shots but group was still tight on the order of 1/4-1/3 inch at 25 yards. No complaint, I'd gone out to the old Gun Club checking for plug ins, only one on the 50/100 range, hopefully get out there soon to get all three current use rifles zero'd at 50 yards.

The Marauder with it's internal suppressor is as quiet as the DayState Regal with a DonnyFL Ninja, trigger isn't quite as good but still darned good.

Registered
Nice find and a great price! I have a regulated Marauder FT in .22 that I purchased 5 years ago just before I retired ( and promptly put it away). I actually just got it out last week for some back yard range testing and am very happy with it. ( About the only thing I don't like is the butt ugly stock but I'll be doing some work and painting on that soon.) I've had very good luck with modern Benjamins. i find them to offer allot of bang for the buck. As a matter of fact, i just ordered a new Akela in .22 while Benjamin is having their free bundle and 20% off sale. Couldn't pass it up!

Registered
Im warming up to the idea of these pcp things, and 'bang for the buck' is gettimg my attention.
Been a springer and sgl stroke pneumatic fan for decades, as well as powder burners, but dont hunt other than yard varmints as needed, nor compete any more. Mild mannered, not too heavy, accurate, No heavy cocking effort and reasonably quiet are what I want now.
Im curious, how do the air chambers on these hold up against corrosion?

Registered
Im warming up to the idea of these pcp things, and 'bang for the buck' is gettimg my attention.
Been a springer and sgl stroke pneumatic fan for decades, as well as powder burners, but dont hunt other than yard varmints as needed, nor compete any more. Mild mannered, not too heavy, accurate, No heavy cocking effort and reasonably quiet are what I want now.
Im curious, how do the air chambers on these hold up against corrosion?
I bought mine back when they first came out, I have had no issues and home fill using a amazon chepie heng long compressor that has given at least 5 years of service filling both my scuba and scba tanks.

No issues so far with mine.....they might let you down in the "not too heavy" area depending on what that is to you. They are too heavy for me to shoot off hand, only off a rest.

If you want off hand I would look at a beeman chief (I think they still make them) only a 2000 fill on that gun, so scuba is perfect. It is based off the well known QB78, and it is hard to find someone that says a bad thing about it. I think that is the best, walk around and shoot type pcp I own. Most are pretty heavy....like garand heavy.

Registered
I managed to find a used Marauder (synthetic stock) in .25 for $275 a little while back, but still need to get a pump or compressor for it. But everything I hear about them says they鈥檙e an excellent first PCP, so I鈥檓 looking forward to trying it out soon! What kind of groups is yours giving now?

Registered
I managed to find a used Marauder (synthetic stock) in .25 for $275 a little while back, but still need to get a pump or compressor for it. But everything I hear about them says they鈥檙e an excellent first PCP, so I鈥檓 looking forward to trying it out soon! What kind of groups is yours giving now?
I'm still learning mine (FT, .22 cal, regulated w LW barrel) but so far it will deliver one ragged nickle sized hole at 27 yds on my back yard range with regularity. Ringing the 1" gong at 55 yds is not a problem either. That's with a cheap 3-16 UTG scope and the one pellet I've tried in it. (14.3gr Crossman premiers) . I know this will only get better with pellet testing and a (planned) glass upgrade. I had been thinking about a picking up "a better rifle" but am not sure anything is going to shoot better in my hands. I've had two Mrods to date , both have been super accurate, quiet and dependable.

Premium Member
Great find. I just picked up a Benjamin second hand from an estate sell for $200 with filter and extra filter cartridges.
If you can park your vehicle near your shooting area find out peak and constant amp/volts demand and buy an ac/dc inverter. You can connect via spring clamp to car battery to run inverter to run your portable compressor. Worst case is you may have to start your vehicle to keep from running your battery down to low.

I have an inverter in my truck I run a microwave or a shop vac, tv/dvd/circulating fan with. This should run your pcp pump.
Wood Electrical wiring Audio equipment Gas Cable

SOLAR PI20000X
sorry for the dirty pic as I haven鈥檛 cleaned it off yet. It will run my tv/dvd/fan/microwave at one time without any trouble so I鈥檓 sure it will run your Benjamin Buddy compressor just fine.

this one is in the closet of my Peterbilt 379 and it鈥檚 been in near continuous use for four years.

Registered
A caveat on inverters, for vehicle heavy draw use they are best 'hard wired' with the adequate guage multi-strand cable AND a proper Quality fuse for the max draw of inverter (NOT a cheap Chinese fuse or circuit breaker unless you dont mind the idea of your vehicle burning up). Clamps are not really a good idea unless loads are quite light.
They come in 12v or 24v and must match your vehicle battery voltage/charging system.
Best bet for what you plug into them is to get a Pure Sine Wave, NOT a modified sine wave unit. What you plug in will thank you. MSW does eat some devices. You probably wont know until a device fails prematurely unless you know what 'signals' to watch out for.
Things like compressors can have a hard start up load, easily 2x the running load, or even 3x. That is why a bit 'oversize' for the load inverter is a good idea. These little compressors maybe not so much? But even small dorm type refridgerator compressors do not like msw.

Premium Member
A caviat on inverters, for vehicle heavy draw use they are best 'hard wired' with the adequate guage multi-strand cable AND a proper Quality fuse for the max draw of inverter (NOT a cheap Chinese fuse or curcuit breaker unless you dont mind the idea of your vehicle burning up). Clamps are not really a good idea unless loads are light.
They come in 12v or 24v and must match your vehicle battery voltage/charging system.
Best bet for what you plug into them is to get a Pure Sine Wave, NOT a modified sine wave unit. What you plug in will thank you. MSW does eat some devices.
Things like compressors can have a hard start up load, easily 2x the running load, or even 3x. That is why a bit 'oversize' for the load inverter is a good idea.
In my Peterbilt they are hard wired with welding cable. Only way to do it right. That鈥檚 with the appropriate copper ends and fues.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts