Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okee Dokee...I've sat and read some great ideas and just had to sign up and post some of my own...first, gotta say what a joy it is to see all the kindness and good ol' fashioned funnin' each other!
Bags-I have used sand in Coin Money Bags you can get from your bank..if ya know somebody...they work great. I bought from Wallieworld a set of Allen suede bags and filled 1/2 with Lead Shot and 1/2 with rice to lighten up a tad...still a ton but work great!
Shootin Sticks- I priced them around and about had a stroke... then I made my own out of Replacement Fiberglass Tent Poles (breakdown kind with a bungee thru the center)- used a 3/8"I.D. clear plastic tubing pushed on the upper 6" to lay the stock in and then just below that a rubber grommet to hold the sticks together and then just below the grommet I slid on another inch of the clear tubing (on each stick) to form a groove for the grommet to sit and stay in place in. About $10.00 in goodies.. I also had a hip pouch sewn up in a Camo tearstop fabric..the sticks breakdown in a snap and fold away in the pouch that I snap to my belt...great for walking and stalking! My buddies think I'm a friggin' genius and they just had to have a set...so guess what they got for Christmas. I have another great idea for that camera tripod that you never use any more if anybody is interested..it's a rock solid 3 legged portable shootin' rest too!

Spray and Pray Aint No Way,
Chaser

·
Registered
21,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Tripod trick

Okee Dokee...ya twisted my arm. Everyone probably has a tri-pod for your camera or vid cam that ya just don't use much if ever...how about making into a rock solid adjustable shooting stick wiith an extra stability leg. My tripod has adjustable everything..but any tripod should work. Most come with a quick release plate for the bottom of the camera that has a wing/thumb screw. I looked at that and thought what a great way to pop in and out a v-yoke for shooting and then pop in my range finder or even my camera...so I found some more of the quick release bases on-line and/or callled the tripod mfr.- I use three as I mentioned and got the extra's at no/chge. One tripod I saw at Walmart had two in the box (1 xtra). Anyway, I took the quick release base and took out the thumbscrew, then I took my fully rubberized motorcycle gun rack off my 4 wheeler (one side)- it has a flat base with a bolt hole dead center- then I drilled out the tripod quick release screw hole to accomidate a larger bolt which I ran thru it and up thru and into the base of the gun rack (gotta use the right length) with a nylon insert nut on the end and tightened it all up and slapped that into the tripod for and unbeatable nice, stabile and fully adjustable set up for shooting prairie dogs, targets, etc. Stoney Point makes a v-Yoke for their walking sticks that works great if ya don't wanna use one side of your gun rack... And the beauty is that I can use it with all my other "attachments" as long as I have the quick release bases on them...which I do. This is the "cats fanny". "Aim small, miss small"

Chaser

·
Registered
393 Posts
all great ideas! thanks for the info. BTW, i'm kinda new here, too, and i've found this to be a great place with great people, and you can get all kinds of information. welcome!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.