Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tuner testing with the B14R has been suboptimal using a bipod . I came across the EGW bag rider for an AR that attaches to a Pic rail. I have a Pic rail on my Bergy for an Atlas bipod so I was set. The bag rider has an ingenious attachment method, is made of Delrin, 3” wide and is railroad tracked. Kinda pricy but seems a better device than my Sinclair “squeeze on the forend“ bag rider.

Wood Rectangle Line Wall Tool
Wood Road surface Automotive tire Line Material property

I’ll find out tomorrow how it works.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Thats a good idea. I never completely trust my accuracy testing off a bipod, too many variables being introduced but like you I put a pic rail on my B14r. That attachment might even be better than the bare stock.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Interesting Idea. Should work well as long as you have the right front rest. I've no doubt that my rifles are more accurate off a good solid front rest (and rear bag) than they are off any bipod. I picked up a Caldwell Rock BR rest from Midway a while back and can say, while not considered competition grade by many, it's likely the best $100 I've spent in accessories. It has really improved my shooting with my Bergara's and CZ's as it takes near 98% of the slop out of the firing sequence..

p.s. Keep us posted on the tuning. I have that same tuner and have yet to try it out.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
I have 2 bag riders - one is the CF from JP, the other is the “Sinclair BR forend rail adapter”, an ugly but very effective contraption the size of the toilet seat cover :ROFLMAO:🤦‍♂️made specifically for the Anschutz rail I believe.
Again they both contribute.
You can - imo - however realize… ~80% of their benefit by using an ARCA rail, it’s nice and flat and wide (enough), and the heavy one from KRG adds weight if you want it.
I‘m less than a year into shooting from a rest - it was “bipod” for the prior ~ 30, so I’m still figuring out the front rests, rear bags, rear rests, and now the bag riders.

But in general whatever you can do to stabilize the rifle is money and effort well spent(y)

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Interesting Idea. Should work well as long as you have the right front rest. I've no doubt that my rifles are more accurate off a good solid front rest (and rear bag) than they are off any bipod. I picked up a Caldwell Rock BR rest from Midway a while back and can say, while not considered competition grade by many, it's likely the best $100 I've spent in accessories. It has really improved my shooting with my Bergara's and CZ's as it takes near 98% of the slop out of the firing sequence..

p.s. Keep us posted on the tuning. I have that same tuner and have yet to try it out.

Ive been shooting centerfire and rimfire bench guns off a Sinclair heavy Varmint rest with a windage top.

I had a good tune with the ATS but want To see if I can improve it. The ATS doesn’t have a scale on the body like a Harrell just graduations on the circumference so you can start any where. You can screw it all the way in till it comes apart. There’s no detents, ie, clicks and you have to lock it with one set screw. Seems it could work but it’s less than ideal.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I just make my own from 1/4" thick x 3" wide aluminum bar from Amazon. Drill and bevel two holes. Use bevel head metric screws. I replaced the bag that came with my Rock BR with a flat felt furniture pad on the bottom and round pads on the two ears. Rifle does not move.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I shot the B14R off a rest/rear bag with the aforementioned bag rider. Once set in the bags and the windage and elevation set the dot came well within a 1/2 bullet width each bump in. A very good bag rider ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Font Rectangle Wood Circle Pattern

and I got a good tune

·
Registered
1,875 Posts

Automotive tire Wood Wheel Tire Bumper

1 - 11 of 11 Posts