Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a new stock for my 10/22. I need something for all around use. Something that I can shoot offhand, with a comb thats high enough for scope use, and still work well from the bench. I'm not fond of thumbholes. I'm considering the Bell and Carlson Heritage. I have a few B&C stocks on my centerfire rilfes and have had really good luck with them. Anyone have one of these? How does it work for you?

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Have you considered an adjustable stock? Most of them are thumbholes of one kind or another, but being able to fit them to exactly what you want can be quite nice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've considered it, but they seem bulky and overyly complex. I'd prefer a more traditional stock if i can find one that meets my needs. I really like the look of laminate, but traditional styled stocks with a high comb are not usually available for heavy barreled 10/22's.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
From what I've seen, you are unfortunately correct. If anyone can help you find one, though, you're certainly in the right place. Are you looking primarily for some nice wood, or are you open to synthetics as well?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Either laminate or synthetic would be fine. I want something reasonably priced ($200 or less) with a high comb and that points naturally. If your familiar with Boyds JRS stocks that would be perfect if they made it for a .920 barrel. I like the look of a classic stock, but I definately want something with a higer comb and not much drop at heel for scope use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.