Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Thanks to everyone's suggestions, input and understanding, I'd like to change the structure of who receives the monthly awards.

We were finding that the same handful of shooters were winning all the awards each month, leaving the majority to feel they had little hope of ever winning. I think this new system will offer everyone a chance to win during any given month.

So...beginning with JUNE's scores, the awards will go to the top shooter in each of the seven classes (Orange Blaster to Master) at the 25 yd. distance. If too many ties become a problem, I'll have to think of a good way to break ties, but for now I'll award multiple tied winners. In the future, I'd like to recognize the 50 yd. winners too, but for now, this will have to do.

If anyone has any suggestions, especially on how to handle tiebreakers without making any more work for Joe, I'd love to hear them. This award thing is a work-in-progress so I want to be sure it stays fair and agreeable to all.

I'm looking forward to posting May's awards in the next couple of days. Good luck in shooting this month's targets.

Linda

·
Registered
348 Posts
Thanks Linda. Your hard work is appreciated. Although the odds of my winning one of those awards is pretty slim, it is another nice reason to get out and try to improve. Thanks again.

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,945 Posts
I think you are right in the idea of awards for every shooting class will help keep the interest in the matches. Especially in the lower shooting classes, people can always use encouragement. Giving them an opportunity to win something will spur them on. I think I am already hooked and don't really care about anything except trying to improve my scores. (just like the saying "hello, my name is mike houle, and I am a usbr target addict.") But if by some chance I ever do win a class, I sure won't turn it down.

Course this means more work for somebody, and more cost. But if we can afford it I think this a great idea.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I like it. Giving the awards to only those with the highest scores sort of ignored Joe's performance classes. This new way is much better in my opinion. Thanks for your hard work, Linda. You're a saint.

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Works for me Linda, Thank You! JL

btw, Ya wanna move to NM, we can always use another great shooter. (Besides, I wanna shoot that BR gun of yours!)

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Sounds fine to me. I've only shot one match so far. But I'm looking forward to shooting many more. I didn't plan on winning anything. I just enjoy the comparisons of scores and look forward to making my scores go up, and trying to beat my own worst ememy--ME:D

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Well folks, according to Joe, Linda's locked out too :( Indy and Viper have been notified.
BTW Linda, when you DO get back in, I like your idea!!!
Paul

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh good. I'm glad you all seem to be with me on this change. Thanks for your support and ideas.

JL:
You're welcome to shoot my BR-50 anytime, but I think you'll have to come out to San Diego to do it. I don't think Gordy will let any of his team members venture across statelines unless he gets an agent's fee.

Pdwight:
I like the idea of an open-ended award each month. I think I'll choose a new category each month and announce it in the winners post along with the bonus prize for the upcoming month. Team captains, or any shooter for that matter, could make recommendations on who they think is most deserving. I'll try to keep it light & fun -- nothing too demeaning.

Vibe:
Getting to deal with Joe IS my award. He has been so encouraging to me since I started shooting here and it's really been a pleasure working with him (as I'm sure you already know).

Now I'll try to post this & see how it goes. Every time I try to post I have trouble...

Linda

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Linda said:
Oh good. I'm glad you all seem to be with me on this change. Thanks for your support and ideas.

Vibe:
Getting to deal with Joe IS my award. He has been so encouraging to me since I started shooting here and it's really been a pleasure working with him (as I'm sure you already know).

Linda
Yes ma'am. Seems like I've done some serious conversing with the ol' codger before.

Have fun. After all - it's really the name of the game.

David Epperson
(AKA Vibe)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.