Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only taken my Mark II out for a couple shoots so far and the first couple times, loading the magazines wasn't that big of a deal.

Last week however when I took my Wife and Daughter with me, it became apparent that loading the magazines was taking way too long. Even if I got more of them, they were having too much fun and shooting too fast to keep up.

I'd seen some ads for this thing called a The Ultimate Clip Loader that while a bit on the large side, did seem to offer a method of loading these types of magazines quickly.

I looked all over for the best price... everyone had them for the same price. So I looked for the best shipping price and bought one. $29.99 + $4 shipping. No Sales tax as it was out of state.
A little more than the cost of a new magazine.

Today, a big padded envelope arrived with the goods...

I looked at the instructions and dumped a box of 50 rnds into the hopper.. and it actually worked. In less than 3 seconds the magazine was full. I grabbed the next magazine and same thing...

I will take it to the range this weekend and give it a whirl.

Anyone else try one of these??

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Slide Show

krelvin,

Impressive little slide show......! ! :cool:

A thought: offer your slide show to the vendor selling the magazine loaders, for a few FREE loaders.......! ! :cool:

It would help "sell" the loader to skeptics like me....... ;)

I have the little "thumb saver" for the MKII, and it works like a charm, but not as fast as your toy........ :D

I would highly recommend the "thumb saver" @ ~ $2. to everyone until you buy the loader...... :)

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
krelvin....

TOO COOL!!

Gotta have one!.... in your search, did any of the vendors accept PayPal??

This info alone is worth the Membership fee..... Lordy, this place is growin' on me.
;)

Thanks, dude!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No paypal, but if you have the PayPal Debit card you could pay that way. It acts like a MasterCard.

I found 5 or 6 places that sold the thing. Everyone sold it for $29.99. Cheapest Shipping I found was $3 which makes sense because it is really light and they ship it USPS.

The company I ordered it from was:
BufferTech
I've got no relation with them other than buying this one item.

My daughter has been playing with it since I got it. Must have loaded 30 magazines worth of loads already.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
krelvin....
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Haven't applied for the Paypal debit card yet, might tho. Have a M/C, I'll just use it (wife doesn't see the PayPay transactions, but she pays the M/C bill :))..... but I GOTTA have one of those gadgets, neat...

Here's something interesting (kinda odd?)..... I've had a blued 6 7/8 MkII and two extra mags for many years now, and spotted a used 6 7/8 Stainless in my fav. gun store a few weeks ago. Owner made me a good deal, so I traded. (Been on this "stainless" kick lately, traded a blued .44 for a stainless, bought a stainless bbl. for my 10/22, etc.)

The mag that was in it not only has a larger button on it, it also has a lighter spring..... easier on the thumb than the other (older) two. Have shot it a lot since, and the newer one doesn't hang or cause "jams" or anything...... just different.

...gb

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I have one of these loaders. It worked really great until on a hot summer day I dumped a box of Winchester Wildcats into it. The lube on the Wildcats came off inside the loader. Then on cooler days when the lube was hard the loader gave me fits. I cleaned it out as good as I could. Then I applied some dri-lube. Now it works great again.

This loader also works with Browning Buckmark magazines.:)

I also have the "thumb saver" type and, like BigMike said, at $2 I would reccomend them to everybody.:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I love my ultimate clip loader! It's not perfect, sometimes I have to dump my magazine and start over, but my thumb is much happier and my range time has expanded from 1.5 hours to 3+ hours!

One down side--the gun gets hotter much quicker! I find myself giving my Ruger a break more often!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My problem now is that my wife won't let me shoot it any more.
Says it is hers until I buy her a lighter version.

As for lighter, All I can think of would be a 22/45 the the tapered barrel instead of the Bull barrel. Its listed as 22oz where the MKM-512 I've got is listed at 42oz.

I've never shot one though. I think they have one at the range that I can rent. So next time, I will have her try it.

Mines getting heavier soon as I am about to mount a RedDot on it.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Hey Krelvin,

Thanks for the Ultimate Loader link. Put 2 on order, one for me and a Christmas present for my brother. Re: Red Dot weight, if you want the lightest red dot then check out the JP Enterprise - same people that made the TASCO Optima. Midway and E A Brown have them, 'bout $200. Pricey, but I'll take HUD styled optics over a tube any day.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The only problem I've had with the autoloader is that it causes the barrel of the Mark II to heat up a lot since I am shooting a lot more, faster....

My wifes complaint that the Mark II was too heavy was before I put the RedDot on the gun. She hasn't had a chance to try it with on on it. (I've worked hard and not taking her so I don't have to share).

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Be careful Krelvin,

Near every girl and lady that attended our Beginner's IPSC Class out shot the new guys. They listened to and effected instructions. Reloads and movement may not have been great but rounds on target were there. Any Lady that puts up with us deserves her own gun, built the way she likes it.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Hello All,

The Autoloader is in my 22RF shooting kit, and it works with MKII and 22/45 mags. Follow the enclosed instructions and warm up your barrel(s). Thanks Krelvin, good find!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Oooooooooh! Yes! Just found what *I'm* getting for Christmas!!! Thanks, Krelvin, for posting this little gem.

How many do you think it takes to have a lifetime supply? You know what they say, "If you find something you like, buy a lifetime supply because they won't be making it when you want another."
:D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.