Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Auto Bolt Release Help..

658 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  RedSS
Well, last week I tried atleast 5 times to get dremel my stock thingy so that it has the auto bolt release. I took off quite a bit of material, with no luck. I was ordering a hammer, so I figured what the hell and got the VQ bolt release. When I compared mine to the VQ, they looked VERY similar, i almost couldnt tell a difference other than color. So I put the VQ in and it does the exact same thing as my modified one, no auto bolt release. Is there somthing I am missing? I shouldnt have to modify the VQ one at all to get it to work should I?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ten Ring your a genious. Now BOTH of them run perfectly smooth. What pisses me off is that i bet my stock one did after the first or second time, because thats when i really did the most to it. Thanks a lot though.

· Registered
330 Posts
Second that one Trooper. I had to clearance the front of the bolt release tab with a couple swipes of sandpaper to get it to work. If this is the case, careful inspection of bolt release operation, assembled in the trigger guard housing, will reveal that when the bolt release is depressed from the top, the mag release will push in ever so slightly. Take a bit of sandpaper or a file to the leading edge and re-touch the mark with a bluing pen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.