Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
asprin shooting

I'v heard and read about people useing asprins as targets-cheap. but have not figured out how to mount asprin,and what to mount it on.
any suggestions???
thank you for your time-------parker

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
3 quick choices:
on the ground - set it on a golf tee
on a target : tape or glue

or a 4th TOUGH choice (if you're REALLY brave) tape it to a piece of string and hang it from the target frame. It'll DANCE in the slightest breeze:eek:
Paul

·
Registered
961 Posts
Hmmm... I've got a roll of mounting tape

The kind with the stickey on both sides:p Ought to work for tacking tablets to some kind of backing board. :cool:
Ought to be fun with a sufficiently large magnification scope:t

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
I wonder if a person could make up a bunch of them the day before by putting a dab of clear silicone on a backer and laying the asprin on it to dry? I wouldn't think the silicone would make them fall apart like a water based glue might..

Seems like it oughta work..

Ron

·
Registered
848 Posts
Go to benchrest central.On the rimfire forum is a poster named Rick Smith.He holds Aspirin Matches all the time.There was a post about it recently.Rick has been hanging around these parts even longer than me.He's a good fella and very involved in rimfire matches.
M.C.:t

http://www.benchrest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=3

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Two words...Super-glue. The gel works best. And one thing, don't put white tablets on white paper. At 50yds they are really hard to see. Been there, couldn't see that..........JL

·
Registered
746 Posts
Couldn't you cheaply make your own targets using a pill press and flour (or something)?

You could make 'em while you watch TV or goof off on the Internet.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Corpsie said:
Couldn't you cheaply make your own targets using a pill press and flour (or something)?

You could make 'em while you watch TV or goof off on the Internet.
A bottle of generic arsprin is what under a buck, why bother with a pill press and flour!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Re: Take a tip from arts and Crafts

Pdwight said:
A hot glue gun and some cardboard should be fine, make them up at home or at the range if you have power. I would think the asprin would vaporize nicley when hit.

Dwight P
isn't the glue going to burn your tongue and be hard to digest once it hardens? :confused: :D

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Strat,

For taking aspirin, super glue em to your tongue, that oughta work, just remember though, anything glued to your tongue is no longer a target.

·
Registered
150 Posts
We used to have tack shoots at our club. Thumb tacks are stuck in cardboard on the 50 yard line in rows of ten.

The bench shooters would fire ten rounds one at each tack.

Only the good shooters could hit all ten.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Over here at a range in the UK we used to have a Polo Mint shoot

Polo was stuck on a standard 25m 10 Bull small bore target object with open sights was to get the bullet through the hole from the 25m mark. Only saw it done once and I think he cheted by drilling the hole out a bit bigger:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Aspirins ane not near as much fun as Yellow Jackets:D :D :D
We put up a piece of white cardboard about 2'x2' and stick a piece of lunch meat to it with a golf tee.
In a few minutes you have Yellow Jackets and ants all over the place!:D
We do this with the air rifle and the 22.
JIM

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Black electrical tape.

Doesnt matter what you stick them to it has a black back. Take the tape and make it double sided (make a circle).

Then you can put them whereever.

I have debated the fishingline and asprin in the breeze but decided it would be to hard. :)

Dean_311

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I've never shot any aspirins, although I do take one a day--just in case it works--hehehe. I used to shoot a lot of acorns thrown into the air years ago--before there was a house behind every tree. Had a 241 Remington that worked real well. We used to shoot a lot of hand thrown walnuts when I was growing up too--can't do that any more --too many peoples.:D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.