Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

arrrrrr 22/45

2088 Views 19 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Z400ACDC
I know why now maintenance on this thing for the first time SUCKS. I need some help here this all started yesterday I thought I would field strip my new ruger mk III 22/45 and I can not get humpty dumpty back together again. (Arrrrrrrrrr) I am having two problems: 1st when I get it all assembled I get no trigger pull and the slide sticks. 2nd I can not for the life of me get the barrel off the reciever, even hitting it with a dead blow over and over.

As to the first problem I don't know, I'm folowing the directions verbatim but I'm doing something wrong. Oh I really love this gun but this sucks; I also bought the volquartsen sear and Sam's bushing but haven't received that yet and he shipped it on the 4th. So any help here guys would be very helpful.

Thanks rant over, arrrrrrr :p
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Beat the s***t out of it, that does sound fun but really! I have beat the thing pretty hard I'm kinda don't want to hurt it. I feal like this is the thing you do when frustrated then hit it to hard and breaker it.I did email Sam and he said I should have my bushing Monday

· Registered
32 Posts
To get the barrel off, use an old screwdriver with a plastic handle that can be dropped into the barrel. Be sure it's short enough that the blade DOES NOT TOUCH THE CHAMBER and that the handle is wide enough so it doesn't sit inside the crown. Beat screwdriver handle with a sledgehammer. Repeat until the barrel drops off.

· Registered
149 Posts
To get the barrel off, use an old screwdriver with a plastic handle that can be dropped into the barrel. Be sure it's short enough that the blade DOES NOT TOUCH THE CHAMBER and that the handle is wide enough so it doesn't sit inside the crown. Beat screwdriver handle with a sledgehammer. Repeat until the barrel drops off.
Maybe I'm confused...are you saying to put the screwdriver in from the muzzle end?

· Premium Member
439 Posts
micdude: The bolt is sticking because you didn't line up the hammer strut ( that hinged pin you can see in the slot in the back of the grip) with the mainspring when you pushed the mainspring housing in. Instead, it's jammed between the housing and part of the grip frame. When installing the mainspring housing, first point he gun muzzle down and make sure the hammer is forward- you'll have to insert a magazine and pull the trigger, and maybe push the hammer forward win a non-scratching tool. Then insert the pin on the main spring housing and point the gun muzzle up. The hammer strut will fall and rest on the mainspring housing. When you fold the housing into he gun, the strut will end up resting on the mainspring as it should.

· Registered
46 Posts
I guess I got lucky on my mark lll 23-45 I can take my barrel off with my hands. Its stiff but it comes off ok. But don't worry most of us have missed the hammer strut/mainspring alignment the first time. In fact the last one I bought from a guy cause he had done that putting it back together. I tried to explain how to fix it & he was a real cocky guy said I didn't know what I was talking about & he didn't do nothing wrong the gun was just junk. I asked what he wanted for this junk gun he laughed & said he'd be happy to take $100 of my money for that broken gun. I give him $100 & had it working in under two minutes. He just looked at me funny & walked out with his head hung just a little lower than it had been. I tried to help him but he was one of those jerks that knew it all & never messed up because he was better than that. So I've hot a nice new mark lll for $100.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.