Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Armscore Precision

1846 24
Newbie here! but ive been lurking this site for a week or so & have come to the conclusion this is great forum, lots & lots of info:) Bought some new ammo (new to me anyhow) last week, its called armscor precision 22mag jhp, only chronied 1740fps but was really accurate from my 10/22 mag, anyone else shot this ammo? looking for a 40gr that gets 2000fps havent found it yet but have had fun trying. :D
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gander said:
Personally, I think the best 40 grain out there is the CCI Maxi-Mag. It chrono's around 1940 f.p.s. out of a 20" barrel.
I havent tried the 40gr maxi yet but i will. Have you noticed any difference in accuracy/velocity between the Solid & HP maxi? What kinda E.S do you get with the maxi. I have only shot 3 types of 40gr through my rig(10/22 B.C 20"fluted hogue stock) but have shot all the light stuff, the best of this was the Federal 30gr sierra! under 1/4" at 50yrds & over 2200fps. Had trouble with the remington plastic tip, the tip got drove back in the bullet while still in the clip, single loaded they was accurate & 2000fps but ill save them for my 25MN.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Welcome, fellow "MAGGIT"!!

Is that MAAGGNNUUMM factory?

Meaning that it has the factory Ruger barrel and all.

My Volquartsen barrels weren't very impressed with those Armscor "Precisions". In fact, downright hated them. When I tried them and made a post about it, I joked about the "Precision" name.

"Yeh, they go "precisely" where ya ain't aiming."

Rem "Premiers".....The "Poly-tip" got pushed into the jacket??

D*mn! I tried to "smush" the tip, as an experiment for someone with a tubular magazine rifle, and just ended up putting dents in the top of my 'puter table.

I like those Federal "Sierras", too. I'm "hoarding" the rest of mine since they don't make them anymore.

How does your rifle like the 50gr "heavy weights"?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mag spec's - factory rec, B.C 20" fluted .920 dia barrel, titanium Extractor, factory trigger group with over sized pin & lightened trigger(2-1/2 lbs) Home made bolt buffer, hogue pillar bedded stock. Glass- Simmons White Tail Expedition 4-12x42 - Excellent glass for the cash (IMO)

I heard they quit making the sierra load, but it was to late:mad: SO hows that fed- TNT?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
40 grain

I shoot a stock 77/22VMBZ
In 40 grain, I have had the best luck with Maxi mags and remington PSP. I wouldn't recommend the PSP for hunting though because of 0 expansion. I also had good luck with remington premiers and maxi mag+V. Winchester supremes were decent. My gun didn't like winchester 40gr, federal 50gr, or TNT. I have alot more types to try though. One I've been looking to try is rem. 40gr HP. Haven't seen a box of them yet.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Armscor .22WMR for $37.50 per 500 at AimSurplus

Just thought you'd like to know that AimSurplus.com has these for $37.50/brick of 500. If they shoot well in your rifle, that's a very good price. Too bad the velocity's so low. Peace.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I thought it was time for this threads two years bump. Thought I would bump this again to celebrate the case of $6/box (out the door) Armscor ammo I got at the gunshow. Definitely not the $37.95 of 3/03 but about as good as it gets these days. :eek:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Received by 10 boxes of Armscore 22WMR from Center Fire Systems the other day and will shoot it as soon as I get my scope mounted and boresighted (waiting for rings).

It's not very pretty ammo to look at. We'll see.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Armscore???

Hey if any of you know where I can find the armscore 22 amg ammo let me know I called both Center fire systems and Aim Surplus and both do not have any and according to the person I spoke with have not had any in months. I will buy all the cheap ammo I can find to have reloading stock.:AR15firin

·
Registered
942 Posts
Hey if any of you know where I can find the armscore 22 amg ammo let me know I called both Center fire systems and Aim Surplus and both do not have any and according to the person I spoke with have not had any in months. I will buy all the cheap ammo I can find to have reloading stock.:AR15firin
Try this: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=334754&pn=1

You reload .22 WMR? That's pretty hardcore if you do. :cool:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey if any of you know where I can find the armscore 22 amg ammo let me know I called both Center fire systems and Aim Surplus and both do not have any and according to the person I spoke with have not had any in months. I will buy all the cheap ammo I can find to have reloading stock
I got mine from CFS just the other day! Go to their website, click on Ammunition, click on Miscellaneous, click on 22. Wollah!! There it is! It's a little cheaper at CFS than at Sportsman Guide.

Tom

·
Registered
164 Posts
???

Grizzfan I don't understand I went to the site and clicked on the links you listed and it came up out of stock and not taking back orders. I even called and spoke to a saleslady and she checked and only showed they had 2 boxes but that was not a sure thing. What gives

·
Registered
942 Posts
Grizzfan I don't understand I went to the site and clicked on the links you listed and it came up out of stock and not taking back orders. I even called and spoke to a saleslady and she checked and only showed they had 2 boxes but that was not a sure thing. What gives
It was probably there..... until he ordered it all. :D

PS: If anyone orders from Sportsman's Guide, here are some coupon codes:

$5 off Shipping - through 3/30 - SH221
$10 off Order of $99 or more - through 4/2 - SG573

·
Registered
88 Posts
FYI - I Ordered 2 bricks of Armscore ammo from Sportsmans Guide ( used link in this thread). Shipment arrived yesterday..... they sent PMC Preadators!!!!! I don't belive they stock the Armscore ammo any longer.

Duke

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.