Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

archangel 556 w/slidefire stock?

3468 Views 19 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  fiberguy
is this possible ? if it takes a standard ar 15 grip and has a commercial buffer tube then the slidefire stock for the m&p15-22 would work? correct? any thoughts? thanks. Brian
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
1,767 Posts
The slide firestock works on the AR15 22's because they have removable pistol grips which is a must with the slidefire stock.

The AA556's pistol grip does not come off so I'd say no it wont work unless you modify the stock. i.e cut off the grip?

· Registered
47 Posts
The slide firestock works on the AR15 22's because they have removable pistol grips which is a must with the slidefire stock.

The AA556's pistol grip does not come off so I'd say no it wont work unless you modify the stock. i.e cut off the grip?
Would the slide fire AK kit work with a tapco? Don't the tapco's have AK style grips? Would there be problems with the buffer tube, or the dimensions of the stock?

· Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just saw that atkins has a new accelerator with no spring, it comes with a kidd 2-stage trigger for a ... wait for it, wait for it....... $699 bucks $899 with a complete rifle and trigger with stock combo. I see these videos and loose my mind for a bit, now I'm back to reality. If I need an almost full auto fix ill just bump fire for a few mags and move on. thanks to all

· Registered
2,746 Posts
Yes, my brother has one and its a joke, sorry if i offend anyone but i would prefer a slidefire.
No offense taken-never tried one myself, it looked like it had a lot more R&D than those other cheapy hand crank thingies...I surely would prefer a slide fire too...just waiting til they make one for the Sig556, then I'm in..

· Registered
7,721 Posts
No offense taken-never tried one myself, it looked like it had a lot more R&D than those other cheapy hand crank thingies...I surely would prefer a slide fire too...just waiting til they make one for the Sig556, then I'm in..
Does the 22 have enough recoil impulse to make the slide fire work?

I've used a slide fire on and M4 style AR and they are hard to distinguish from a full auto lower if you're listening to them. RPM has to be pretty close. Just don't know if the .22 lr is gonna have the juice to make it work.:confused:

· Registered
47 Posts

I've used a slide fire on and M4 style AR and they are hard to distinguish from a full auto lower if you're listening to them. RPM has to be pretty close. Just don't know if the .22 lr is gonna have the juice to make it work.:confused:

Theres a few folks that seem to have fitted them to the M&P 22.

· Registered
260 Posts

my 22 has enough recoil to bump-fire... so i would think (and have seen) slide fire stocks work

· Registered
9 Posts
It works with a 10/22!!!

I had an old 10/22 sitting around and found a way to make it work. you have 2 choices. you can go with nordic ar22 conversion or with troy T22 conversion. both work with a little modification to the block that comes with it. I went with the troy tactical for $270 and its very easy to install your 10/22. it took me around 5 minutes from opening the box to complete in 5 minutes. after a little work on the block and it slid smoothly. i also installed a hammer and seer kit it was a power custom kit. i added a set screw in the trigger which made the trigger pull feel much more crisp l. I added an auto bolt release and extended mag release. i also polished up the bolt contact surfaces.I had it back together and added a 5 position foregrip and a primary arms red dot . but none of the local ranges allow use of the slide fire stock so i went out to the farm and tested it out and it works like a dream. it took 2 clips to figure out how the grip worked but after that it was easy and controllable. i went through a whole bulk box of fedral bulk ammo with only 2 failed cartridges.
$350 Slidefire Stock
$160 For the 10/22 a few years ago
$270 for the troy t22 kit
$60 for the hammer and seer kit.
$25 auto bolt release and extended mag release
$15 for the fore grip
$120 for the red dot
It took me 3 months and $1000 dollars in modifications to make it this way. I still would like to add a light aluminum 16.25" bull barrel.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.