Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Preface: The rifle is apparently a Nylon 66 but I don’t seem to be able to edit the header title.

# 1 friend has a # 2 friend who has a black Apache 66 he would like to sell and both I and a buddy # 3 are interested in it.

(I have pretty much given my friend # 3 first dibs on this Remington Nylon 66 as I didn’t learn until after I bought a Ruger 10/22 from # 1 years ago that #3 had also been interested in it …)

Thing of it is, none of the friends in this situation have any idea what a fair price is.

What we all are relatively sure of is that this gun apparently was purchased, put away (where the family just found it after 21 years) and never fired.

I drool when I view the pics # 1 has sent us on #2’s behalf … attached

- can anyone assist with what a fair to both parties price might be, for such a specimen?
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Road surface Tire

Tire Automotive tire Bicycle fork Road surface Asphalt

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Road surface Asphalt Bicycle handlebar

Bicycle tire Road surface Asphalt Bicycle Bicycle fork

Blue Wood Tints and shades Road surface Twig

Road surface Automotive exterior Waist Tints and shades Asphalt

Everyday carry Tints and shades Asphalt Font Road surface

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
It would probably sell for around $800.00, but Ive never seen a new in box unfired one. So that price I mention has to do with cherry looking Apaches.
Good luck!

Edit: The $800.00 I mentioned is probably a friend price for that particular rifle.
It could bring over $1,000.00 in an auction most likely.

·
The sacred cow? I ate it.
14,747 Posts
I think the market for them has cooled off considerably. They aren't rare and while that example is nice, I the $800 is way out of line. Auctions get a LOT of lookers but asking and selling are two different things. I'd go with $6-800 (max) and good luck getting that back out of it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank y’all, much!

I mean it when I say none of us had even a kuh-loo!

I told my buddy who really wants it (who can blame him?! ;-) that I am stepping out of making any offer , since I got the 10/22 w the leupold scope on it (and didn’t find out til later that he had wanted that one)

I am certain he has Zero intention of selling the gun if he gets it; he has always wanted one and he’s blessed with enough acreage he can shoot on his own property (when he’s not mowing, haha! . . . :oops:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Imo could be worth $800/$1200 or more if you put up on GB with all the stupidity bidding thst gets carried away. If I were buying it at the most I would ever pay would be $400/$500 max. I would shoot the snot out of that gun once I got it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great answer and the ballpark limit I’d go …

I seriously doubt my bud will shoot the snot out of it but, I also know he will hold onto it.

Imtold him I hope he gets it and if so I’d like to get a pic of his together with the brown-stocked one my Dad got my Mom back in the earliest 70’s and which is one story above me, in our gun library, as I type this!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Having collected Remington nylon rifles for about 20 years now I have never seen or herd of an Apache 77. I am sure what this is would be a nylon 66 Apache black diamond and the value would be $500-$600 if it has the original box also.
Look on the grip cap it should say 66.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Having collected Remington nylon rifles for about 20 years now I have never seen or herd of an Apache 77. I am sure what this is would be a nylon 66 Apache black diamond and the value would be $500-$600 if it has the original box also.
Look on the grip cap it should say 66.
They must have slipped a few by you:
Rectangle Font Packing materials Plastic Transparency
Font Label Transparency Packing materials Rectangle

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All the info I’ve received has been from a buddy acting as an intermediary for a friend of his but, someone I’ve not met let alone talked to.

I have my moms brown 66 upstairs and next time I’m up there I will look on the grip cap!

I had to stop looking at the photos as they were having an increasing trance-like effect on me - she’s a looker!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Milo after looking closer I see the Kmart price sticker on the box. The Apache 77"s that I have seen were made for Kmart and were greenish grey. Do you have a black Apache 77 that goes in that box? If you do please post a picture of underside of rifle where magazine goes.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Milo after looking closer I see the Kmart price sticker on the box. The Apache 77"s that I have seen were made for Kmart and were greenish grey. Do you have a black Apache 77 that goes in that box? If you do please post a picture of underside of rifle where magazine goes.
No, I do not, never had a nylon 66, or 77. I remembered the 77, so I googled it. Seems the greenish swirl rarer than the black. This is all I know, I have only seen 2 Nylon 66's in my life, and they epitomized the words "truck gun", beat to crap and riding muzzle down on the graveled floor mats.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
For the record, my opinion near the top was to make sure you didn't or wouldn't feel like you made a mistake. I don't know your relationship with your friends, hopefully they are the best fellows. If I aimed high by telling you the online market price, you could adjust as needed. There is one for sale in my lgs for $800.00 and it's a bit used looking. Not a like new in box like yours. If you don't need the money you can name your price as low as you want to. I was helping you realize what you could get, so you didn't have regrets later.
I've been given guns from wonderful friends before that they absolutely could have sold for over $800.00. Now you get to decide.
Best regards.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts