Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone set up their 452 with a bipod? I noticed the Harris Bipods will work with the factory sling swivels and just so happen to have a Harris Bipod in my gun cabinet not being used...is this idea too far out there for a .22lr gun?

I mostly plan to shoot down at the range for now. I have not shot much at ranges over the years and was wondering if this kind of setup would work okay.

Uploaded some pics:
http://community.webshots.com/album/62256701wdxIpy

Thanks
-Mike

·
Registered
85 Posts
mike,

i have a 6-9 Harris on my style, all i can say is it has made an excellent rifle even better and more accurate or should i say my shooting is more accurate. it looks pretty good to.

Mike how can i download picies of it, can i use the web site you have used. hope you can help as i am puzzled on how to get pics into a thread.

thanks

brit

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mike,

I know this is a pretty crappy picture but it will give you an idea of how things look. This is my American lr fitted with a caldwell bipod, it has a RWS 3-9X40 scope with a Ni9ghtsearcher lamp sitting on top of that. The moderator is a Parker Hale, this type of set up is pretty common here in the UK, we do love to work a nightshift with the bunnies. I fix the switch for the lamp onto the side of the bipod with velcro, that way I can turn the lamp on and off without having to take my hand off the gun.

Brit, as for getting photos on here this is the way that I do it, first get your photos uploaded using one of the photo hosting sites, I use image station. Once you have the photos on, right click your mouse on the image you want, select properties highlight the URL address and then copy it, "Ctrl C". Then when you are back on RFC and making your post, hit the image button at the top of the page then paste, "Ctrl V" the image 's URL into the address bar and that should do it. Preview you reply and there you should see your image, if it's not there, well, you have a gun .....................:D :D

Hope this helps

John

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks JohnB is that B for boy?
that sounds like good advice, and i think this time i know what your talking about, nice one. your rifles looking good is that a parker hale mod on the front?
Although iv seen clanchiefs style so many times now i dont think ill bother, bit of an anti climax.:D :D

but hey why not ive got my77/17 with a custom thumbholed black American Walnut stock to stick on the .17 forum as well, so ill have to try. got to take the pictures first.

watch this space....

once again cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOW, those are some awesome guns! I think there is something really backwards here in the USA when you can get most kinds of guns no problem, but can't (or have to go through a lot of hassle) get a silencer. And obviously it doesn't lead to gun crime to have one since the U.K. and New Zealand ( and any other country) has less gun crime than the USA. :(

Nice guns though, very cool :t

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
We use bipods a lot on our household CZ rifles. We've replaced all the factory studs with standard QR studs and the bipods now fit fine. My son loves to shoot his Scout with the bipod, and he's deadly with it.

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
I have a cz varmint 22. I started out using a harris LM-S bipod, which is very nice, and a muley pod in the rear. It worked pretty good but I have since switched over to a front rest with windage and a rear bag to try and improve my bench scores. I do like my bipod though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I use a Harris Bipod (6-9 swivel type) on my 452 varmint. I find it useful when shooting from a rest in a hide. In summer when stalking I use it to allow me to get down into a steady shooting position and shoot relatively quickly.

easy to put on, take off and attach a rifle sling if going any distance.

easy to transfer between 22lr and centrefire

very robust

I am thinking of trying out a 13-15" Harris bipod to allow shooting from a sitting position.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I use a harris bipod with both my cz 452 silhouette, and ruger 77/22 mag. It is good because the ease of adjustability for use with the hunting type rifle. I will often use it to sight in my guns with a bipod, because it is what i will use in the field, it keeps the pressure on the stock the same in field as at the range ( increased consistency). I will add a butt support for range use. I like the bipod for hog hunting.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I like the harris bipods. I wouldn't be without one. Seems i can shoot better off the bench with a bipod than i can with a front rest. Plus you are resting the forearm of the stock in the same place each time. I think its a good idea myself.

Dave

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.