Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
+V Stingers?

I know the regular Stingers are running around 1600 fps, and I can't imagine them coming out with a +V version with even more velocity from that little case. Do you mean the .22WMR +P rounds for the .22 mag instead? If you do mean regular Stingers, I've had mixed results with them accuracy-wise. It seems that rifles either love them or hate them, no middle ground, at least in my rifles. They shot like crap from my 10/22 and fed poorly, but from my CZ they yield 1" groups at 50 yds. But no matter the rifle, they do hit harder than any other .22LR round out there. Popcans are literally torn in half and kicked back several feet at 50 yds. Sparrows and starlings disappear in a puff of feathers. However, on larger animals such as fox and coyotes, they don't penetrate very much, so you may not get to the vitals. Even witha perfect shot, they are only advisable for fox at less than 50 yds. The only problem is that that the light bullet loses velocity fast, so past 40-50 yds energy is roughly the same as a regular high-velocity round, and winddrift increases. Also, if you plan on eating what you shoot, Stingers are definitely not the way to go. Best just to spend the $3 for a box and see if your rifle likes them. Peace.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
They're about the same price as Stingers around here ($3.50-4.00/box) so I'm guessing the website owners just thought they would sell more if they labeled them as +V (If they really were faster than Stingers they wouldn't be selling for that cheap.;) ).

Let us know what shows up in your mail.
It might be worth putting my original barrel back on if it means I can shoot hotter Stinger loads:D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is bass pro shops (not a mom and pop dealer) so I am hoping they are accurate in their description. If they aren't, then I will have to have a personal discussion with a manager! :D

C4

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Why are you calling "Maxi Mag +V" Stinger +V.

Nowhere on the CCI site do they refer to the Maxi Mag as a Stinger.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am not calling the maxi mag + v the stinger + v. If you would go to the bass pro shops web site and look for yourself, you would find that they list a product called stinger + v. I have been shooting CCI products for 20 years and am fully aware of what products they make and don't make. I am certain it is a mistake, but had to make sure so I got a box. It didn't cost me anything so I thought what the hell...

C4

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
My guess is a misprint by the webmaster.
Paul

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.