Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I've shot quite a bit of it, and it shoots pretty good--though not quite a good as Wolf--in my rifles. I use it mostly for "heaters" in matches before switching to Eley EPS for record. I've heard reports from knowledgeable shooters that it shoots very well in some rifles.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Pete,

please share your secret, what do you like that shoots better and cheaper?

I bought a brick of Eley Trainer and have only shot one box. I thought it did pretty well, and at the price I paid from C&S Accuracy (about $17/brick), I thought it was on the list of 'get some more'.

Rich

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Finebead--I haven't found anything that shoots as well as Trainer in it's price range except Wolf MT. Given the difficulty of getting Wolf, I'd say that Trainer is definitely on the "get some more" list. I always keep at least several bricks on hand.

·
Registered
416 Posts
In my Izhmash, Federal Lightnings($.79/box locally), Federal Classics($1.29/box), CCI Blazers($1.09/box)all shoot better than Eley Trainer($1.70 and I have to go to a gun show to get it). And others that are about the same price or more expensive, including Wolf MT and Wolf ME, CCI Green Tag, Federal 711b shoot better. This is from memory as I'm at work, but if you want to be bored with the group averages I can post them from home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.