Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Yea, Natchez is good, as is Champion Shooter's Supply. CSS has lots of match ammo, and the cheaper grades are mostly all sub-sonic and as cheap or cheaper than the sub-sonic Remingtons, Aguilas, etc. They shoot better, too.

·
Registered
353 Posts
GUN SHOW

Go to the next gun show and pick some up. I have found that they are as cheap or cheaper than mail order considering you have to pay shipping. Which demonstrates that the mail order crowd is not passing the savings on to the consumer.

I mail ordered 10 boxes of CCI Sub's @ $3.50 the shipping added $1.00 per box. On a small order there is no savings. The ONLY advantage is you can get something that may not be available locally.

I am waiting for the flame.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Internet Ammo Buying

CZ452lrshooter,

It is generally uneconomical to order .22LR ammunition over the Internet in small quantities, like a brick...! ! :(

However, the economy comes into play when you order a case* of .22LR ammunition: [ * 10 bricks = 5,000 rounds ]
0 You generally will save ~ 3% to 5% per brick in case lots verses the per brick price on the same ammo.
0 You save substantially on the shipping, considering the per brick cost:

UPS Ground Rates, CA to NY, for 4 pounds and 40 pounds:

Brick* = 4 lbs.: UPS cost is $7.03 [including Ins. for $20.]
[ * Weighed (on a baking scale) a brick of .22LR, 40 gr. Hi Vel ]

Case = 40 lbs.: UPS cost is $28.42 [including Ins. for $200.], or a cost of $2.84 per brick.

For 10X the weight, the cost goes up by only 4X ....! ! :)

Therefore, if I buy by the case, I pay $2.84 per brick in shipping charges, and no sales tax. So, if I can find that very same ammo locally for only $2.84 [or less] OTD more than the Internet price, it is still a 'good buy'. ;)

Hope this helps...! ! :)

Reference:
UPS Quick Cost Calculator

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
CZ452,
I just got 100 rounds each of 4 different ammo's from Graf and sons They have a flat $3.75 shipping on internet orders or $4.75 for snail mail or phone orders.
Paul

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Re: Graf and sons

KF9VH said:
They are about .50 higher per box on cci sub sonic. The low shipping is off set buy the increase in price of the ammo.
Since I can't find any locally, I have no complaint with their price. With their shipping price, my "to the door" price wasn't bad @ all :D
Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.