Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Anyone know the status of T/C?

2773 26
Hi

Last year S&W announced they were selling T/C. Has anyone heard if it was sold? Are they still making T/C products?

thanks
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Are contenders and encores a thing of the past? Who makes a pistol for silhouette that is as good as a contender?
None. According to the hype, pistol shoulette is dead, classic style rimfire is dead, and anything that's not 6.5 or long range is dead. This, because anything that can be called 'long range' has way more markup. People just want to spend over 1k on a rifle because as we know the more you pay the better it shoots and the cooler you look ;)

Kinda like the ford raptor and king ranch f350.

· Registered
1,454 Posts
The Contender was one of T/C first guns and the best they ever did.

The Compass was the worst thing out there, Can't ever figure who would make a clone of the 10-22 and expect to make a profit??

T/C is dead.

Hope GMD;s lead on a ssk Contender is correct....we can hope.

· Premium Member
1,742 Posts

The Compass was the worst thing out there, Can't ever figure who would make a clone of the 10-22 and expect to make a profit??

T/C is dead.

The Compass is a Centerfire rifle. I bought one for my nephew when they were introduced a few years back at Christmas for $199. It was just as accurate if not more than my other sporter weight rifles that cost a lot more with factory Ammo. I liked it so much I went and bought another for myself.

· Registered
1,454 Posts
well I bought one of those also. Seemed Ok for a low end bolt action, good for grandkids.

Then they had a large recall (not my sn). Now S&W does even replace a broken firing pin....they scrap them and send you a new AR worth $800. Why?

· The sacred cow? I ate it.
5,156 Posts

T/C is dead.

Well the ‘Compass’ is a bolt action centerfire rifle.

The TC/R is a far far far superior reinvention of the 10/22. So good in fact that Ruger had to sue Thompson Center/Smith & Wesson. side by side the TC vision of the original is much better.

· Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It’s a shame, their black powder flintlocks and cap locks were great rifles. Really wish someone could resurrect this company. Sad S&W can’t breath new life into it. I’ve heard the center fire bolt guns were accurate. Always wanted one of their single shot rifles. Didn’t have the spare cash back in the day.

· Registered
498 Posts
The Compass is a Centerfire rifle. I bought one for my nephew when they were introduced a few years back at Christmas for $199. It was just as accurate if not more than my other sporter weight rifles that cost a lot more with factory Ammo. I liked it so much I went and bought another for myself.
I have a long action Compass in 30-06. I did a trigger job and a muzzle brake. She loves to make little smiley faces at 200yrds with 110gr'ers.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts