Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Anyone heard of the new CCI Gamepoint in .22 Magnum?

926 Views 12 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  bowdog
Saw a reference to it in the thread (opus? :D ) "Is the .22 Magnum Dead". Couldn't find it at the CCI site or even google it.

.17 Magnum - yes. .22 Magnum - no.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
485 Posts
From what I could tell from the thread, it hasnt been released yet.

What is the game point in .17HMR supposed to do?

I really wish someone would come out with a true boat tailed, extremely explosive, 35 grain ballistic tip. Noone that I am aware of has done this yet. :(

· Registered
1,898 Posts
The part number that moontroll gave #0022 is available. Anybody care to guess on the specs. I will guess 33 grain dimpled hollow point at 2150 fps.

· Registered
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm mixed up, I guess. :confused:

I would have thought the 'Game Point' would be similar to the SGB bullet nose design, a flat nose shape. The .17 Game Point is a spire point - great for penetration, but not much of a problem for the .22 Magnum.

· Registered
107 Posts
CCI Gamepoint 22 Magnum; jacketed softpoint (exposed lead tip, not a hollow point) 40 grains at 1,875 FPS. Released 2 to 3 weeks ago. Part# 0022.

The 50 grain Gold Dot has been discontinued, although they are still in the pipeline. Stock up if they light your fire!

From Linda @ CCI (866)286-7436. Be prepared to leave a message as they are short on staff. For more info on what this bullet is intended for, call on or after 13 june, when the tech or engineer is back from blasting rodents.

Jerry

· Registered
1,898 Posts
Cool,

:yippee: A true jacketed softpoint from CCI. I can't wait. :snipersmi

I bought some Gold dots today. $7.99 at Bass Pro. Anybody know where to get a brick cheap?

· Registered
107 Posts
bowdog said:
Sounds interesting, but doubt if they are any more effective than 40gr HP.
Bowdog; correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn,t the cci maxi mag 40 grain loading do 2,100 fps? If so, sounds like this bullets going a little slower to reduce meat damage, a replacement for the 50 grain gold dot hopefully. We'll have to wait and see what it's designed for, The gal at cci who took my call didn't have anything on what it was designed for. I liked the CCI and federal 50 grainers very much, but had trouble getting some guns to shoot them worth a hoot.

Chum; try natchez shooters supplies 800 251-7839 they have the gold dot hp on sale for 5.99/box-50

· Registered
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
woodsloafer said:
I liked the CCI and federal 50 grainers very much, but had trouble getting some guns to shoot them worth a hoot.
I'm hoping I don't have the same problem. The old Federal 50s did well in my 'other .22 Magnum', but as of yet haven't shot them in FS.

I guess its kind of a tall order - a round which has 33 - 50 grain bullets - they can't all shoot as well as each other, can they?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.