Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Anyone have this happen to them?

576 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Markbo
I realized the other day that aside from a trigger, trigger guard and reciever, I had enough "spare parts" laying around to put together a new gun? Imagine my good fortune when I saw a reciever for sale on this forum! All I need is a trigger and the guard- got myself a Frankenruger for pretty cheap.

Hmmm. Now, about that barrel and stock, a trigger job, bolt work, scope and mounts, etc.

Do I need an intervention, or should I just surrender myself and my wallet to this addiction?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6,463 Posts
Ozob said:
You must EMBRACE your addiction. Celebrate it with your friends. BRAG about it!
My friends are sick of hearing about and seeing my 10/22s. They just don't understand. They think one gun that works is enough for anybody.............................dumba$$'$

And to answer your question.........Yes, I just finished yet another 10/22.
Now guess what???????????? If I had just 1 more receiver, I could build yet another. Okay, I'll build just 1 more then I'm selling out. Any extra parts will be sold, or thrown out...............Easier said than done. I thought you guys were crazy when you said this was adictive. LOL BOY was I wrong.

sf

· Registered
1,144 Posts
I'm going to embrace my addiction this weekend, and become a PUSHER too. I'm going to entice my (adult) friends with a free sample, and then explain how 'really, these things cost next to nothing'.... and then... they too will be hooked, and our membership will swell!

Bwwaahaaahaaa!

· Registered
615 Posts
Addiction? Well in a word, YES! My wife knows that I suffer from it, and that the brown truck brings the only treatment... Of course, she does admit that it is better than me sitting on a barstool somewhere.. :)

Of course, it all started out with one 10/22 picked up at a gunshow for $100 cash. "It's cheap to shoot" was my justification. Today, "Brown Truck is delivering a couple thousand rounds of Eley .17Hm2 to feed that "cheap to shoot" gun.

Still better than sitting on a barstool somewhere I guess...

:beerchug: vs. :Blasting_

· Registered
10,095 Posts
:yeahthat: Exactly!
I currently have 6 barrels, 4 stocks, 1 receiver, 2 trigger groups waiting for assembly of some sort and two new receivers and bolts on order. Oh... and one barrel and two other stocks on order.

DOH!!! :eek:

I think when I have 22 I will quit. Really. Seriously! No... I mean it this time! No kidding!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.