Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I handled one of these at a local store before it was sold, and was extremely purty. It had an anodized green titanium frame, and the furniture was a laminate wood with orange and green stripes to it, and of course the carbon fiber-wrapped barrel - it was super light. My question is, since now all they have is a gray one with gray furniture, which *had been* shown on the Browning website, which is kinda plain-looking, was the green one with orange/green furniture a special limited run, or more common out there? Needless to say, I want one. They were asking $575 IIRC, which I couldn't justify spending it at the time.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The frames are aluminum and could be dyed any color as part of the anodizing. I think the green was a special run, but they are not too rare. You should be able to pick one up for less than $500 if you watch the auction sites and have a little patience. I see one of the high priced sellers has one listed now for $549. The carbon barrels are not known for accuracy, but they sure are light weight! Search the forum archives for more info.

Jerry

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Man, those are awesome. Lol, the gun store salesman told me in unequivocal terms that they were titanium, not aluminum. Too bad they're not more accurate - just about the definition of fun however!

·
Registered
665 Posts
It all comes down to what you are going to use your gun for. We all would like to have our guns shoot into one hole. I have to tell you that this tack driving accuracy stuff can tend to be a bit over rated at times. There is other criteria that make a gun worth owning. I have a benchrest Winchester Model 52 that will shoot into one hole and have several other bolt action rifles that are not far behind. I also have that carbon barrel Buckmark and no it will not shoot a one hole group but it does shoot plenty good enough for plinking and hunting, is totally reliable and soooo light. I just love the darn thing and it has become one of my all time favorite firearms. :t :t

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Your gunshop guy is either lying or just making things up as he goes. The Buckmark has only ever had frames of aluminum. There would be little reason to build the frames out of titanium. It would gain a little weight and strength but the aluminum frames are plenty strong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.