Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,482 Posts
I had one in the Marlin 1894 CL as well as a .25-20.

Both were excellent rifles (and accurate). Slim, light, and virtually zero recoil.

The .218 Bee is a better round than the Hornet, the brass is not quite as thin and the cartridge has a little more oomph. In my experience it will do a good number on about anything suitable for a small bore centerfire. A great turkey round with cast bullets (or downloaded jacketed), as well as about perfect for medium range g'hogs and fox. It will do a decent job on Coyote at reasonable calling ranges.

Browning also had a copy of the Winchester Model 65, but I haven't seen any lately.

Cooper makes rifles in .218 Bee and the Mashburn version. And I have seen one Kimber in .218 Bee.

· Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. A bunch of my rowdy buddies talked me into the Bee in the Ruger #1. I hope to pick the rifle up this weekend.

I was in need of a rifle to fill the gap between my 17hmr and my .223. The Bee sounded like a great option.

steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.