Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Anyone ever hear of the "Crickett" .22 rifle.

463 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  greentruck
Childs trainer. 2.5 Ibs, 16" barrel, 30" overall. Drill/taped for scope. I just put one on lay away for my nephews. (guess I should've asked FIRST).
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4,871 Posts
Yea, I bought one for my son a couple years ago. Its the blued with the laminated stock. I put a 4X32 scope on it for him. He's out grown it now, still debating on keeping it or not, being his first rifle I might put it back and keep it. There no match grade rifle, but they do shoot pretty good.

· Registered
7 Posts
I bought one a couple of years ago for my nephews to learn on. The only problem was the rear peep sight kept loosening up, but a different retaining screw fixed that.It has certainly been worth the purchase price.The fact that it has to be cocked manually after chambering a round is a great safety feature and training tool for new shooters. Surprisingly, it is an accurate gun.

· Registered
1,737 Posts
Cute little My-First-Rifle. :t Aperature sight the size of a coffee can.

They are very small, Fatstrat. How old are your nephews?

When they start asking about customizing it... they're ready for a 10/22. :D

I've got the CZ Scout, companion to my Special. It's a little larger; good for up to an early teen. The Cricket is probably getting a little small for a 12-13 y/o.

It's great having a youth rifle around, especially if you have a large family with youngsters, or a lot of the little gremlins in and out the house. :rolleyes:

Their eyes sure light up when they see a rifle just their size and get an invitation to shoot it. (Gotta ask the parents first. :1t )

ShootNut said:
...I might put it back and keep it...
Keep it, Shootnut.
One word:
Grandkids. ;)
-S

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.