Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody made contact with Tom Stafford recently?

I e-mail him about a barrel & haven't heard back. That's unusual for him, he's usually quick to respond.

Stafford Sale's mailing address is Baton Rouge, LA, which is not too far from New Orleans.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I got this e-mail from him on Tuesday after I was unable to reach him by phone:

We are all doing well. The in-laws are up from New Orleans and we have no idea how the house down there is. We were lucky that the storm went to the east of us leaving us on the west side which is weaker. It missed us by
less than 50 miles. Trees down, electricity was out but now back but still
a lot of problems in Baton Rouge (here). New Orleans is in very bad shape.
We expect to see many deaths. Electricity out for weeks. Water leaking
into the city and causing even more flooding. 1 Million + people without
homes. Pray or keep all of them in you thoughts.
Thank You for thinking about my welfare,

Tom Stafford

I was never so glad to see a return e-mail!
I would imagine he's more than a little busy with family things at the moment, and I'd bet that power and phone service is still spotty at best.

- Dakotan

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
yes, any one in that area will be affected in their businesses, whether home based or commercial. all carriers, FedEx,USPS, ups will be affected. we'll all just have to learn a little more patience in every thing we do. it will take a while for things to get back anywhere close to normal. this is a once in a lifetime kind of disaster( we hope). so glad Tom and his family are OK. :D

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Had an order in to Tom a couple of days before the storm hit, he was kind to let me know that shipment might be delayed a bit since routing normally was through New Orleans. But Tom emailed yesterday morning saying that order had been shipped.
Super Guy!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Stafford Sales is up and running and myself, my family, and the products suffered no damage. We are 70 miles from New Orleans so phone service is not working 100% of the time and I can not even check voice mail. All orders are being shipped and no problems are being encountered.

The citizens of the Gulf Coast area and especially New Orleans are suffering and struggling as you may have seen on the National News channels. Keep us in your thoughts.

Tom Stafford

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
TStafford said:
The citizens of the Gulf Coast area and especially New Orleans are suffering and struggling as you may have seen on the National News channels. Keep us in your thoughts.

Tom Stafford
Done deal!

Dave Z.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Tom,

best wishes to you and yours, you have been a great person to deal with. I hope you and all your family and friends are all doing well, and are safe. I am sure if there are any delays in shipments or responses, that everyone here at RFC will understand completely. God speed, and take care of family first!!!

Best wishes, and we are all praying for you, and everyone affected by Katrina.

G4L

·
Registered
335 Posts
Tom,

Glad to hear you and yours are doing fine. This storm has caused situations that I never would have thought possible. You were very lucky and Im glad for you. Lets all pray for those who werent so fortunate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.