Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found references to RF&A (rimfire & airguns). I did a search on my search engine and several links were listed.... but they all were dead. There was a link that mentioned something to the effect that publication has been suspended until further notice. So I guess we're outa luck on that one.

Any suggestions??

steve

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Rimfire and Airgun magazine was originally US Airgun magzine...runned by Robin Parks.

They mean well, but really is a business that required more time than they though. I'm afraid they won't make it.

Guns and Ammo usually have Complete Book of the Rimfire in magazine format.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its sorta a shame that no rimfire publications exist. As it was said before, the internet did away with some gun rags. Both publications and internet forums (such RFC) all have pros and cons.

Here at RFC, we have the actual consumers commenting on guns, ammo, gear, etc. Also references to what dealers are good to deal with, who ships fast, who delivers what is promised and so on.

A gun rag depends on advertising dollars, thus their articles and "gun tests" are tainted. Wouldn't be wise to give a big advertiser a poor review, now would it??

On the other hand, gun rags are run by what I hope to be professionals. They try various ammo/handloads in a gun, find a few that work great and post results in the article.

Here, I often see someone (newbie?) post, "All 10/22's are trash. I tried XYZ ammo in my 10/22 and it jammed all the time."

Thankfully, most here are able to guide that person in the right direction.

Just a few thoughts.... steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.