Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of ordering a Butler Creek 25 round mag (not sure about smoke or clear)...since I heard they are the highest capacity that is the most reliable.

Anyways, have any of you had any problems with these mags?

Thanks

-Emt1581

·
Registered
555 Posts
In my experience, both the HOT LIPS and the STEEL LIPS magazines function reliably.

Both types require a 'break in' period though, in order for them to function 100 percent. Run about 100 to 200 rounds through them and they will work fine.

The HOT LIPS will WEAR OUT much faster than the STEEL LIPS though. I have already worn out a couple of the HOT LIPS magazines, where my STEEL LIPS are still going strong.

I will not buy any more HOT LIPS, but will pick up more STEEL LIPS magazines.

Go for the STEEL LIPS. They are a bit more expensive than the HOT LIPS, but will last much longer.

Good Shooting!

·
Registered
555 Posts
You don't need to TAPE them together as they are made to SNAP together. Each magazine has a hole, and a post on one side that corresponds with another magazines hole and post. Snap em together and you have fifty rounds at your disposal!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a great idea about buying clear ones to make sure nothing's wrong with them.

I love the fact that they snap together!!

I wonder if anyone has any specials if you buy two of them??;)

Thanks!

-Emt1581

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have two new ones.. The first one I bought has worked great. The 2nd one I bought the bullets hang up somewhere down below the lips once 'n a while maybe once or twice a mag... It seems to be getting better though... I must have almost 500rds through it so far but hopefully it'll straighten out and feed smoothly eventually.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'm using the steel lips and they work great if I only load 20-22. When I load 25 rounds, almost always the 24 and 23 round does not feed properly. I find the round pointing up, stuck between the barrel and receiver.

·
Registered
555 Posts
emt1581 said:
What's the round count to be expected from a steel lips mag from BC?

Thanks

-Emt1581
They come in 10 round, and 25 round capacities. :silly: :D

If you are asking how many rounds can you put through one before it wears out? Well, get one and start shooting! I'll just say, "LOTS".

Good Shooting!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.