Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

any others....?

384 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Ozob
ive just finished building a 10/22 ultimate with all the bells n whistle's.... is there any other rifles out there that can be modified/tweaked/enhanced like my ruger? small to large calibre....

heres what i did to my ruger:

revival yukon blue stock
green mountain 18" SS flutted barrel
bolt work by randy at cpc
weaponkraft buffer
vq extended mag release
vq extractor
vq autobolt release
vq target hammer and sear
hex take down screw
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,144 Posts
Goose: your addiction is kicking in now that you've finished. Pretty soon you will have the shakes. It is going to get worse with every passing minute... Next you will be trolling for scary black rifle parts over at ar15.com. But then you see that THEY cost even MORE. :D

· Registered
1,353 Posts
+1. An AR-15 will probably be your next addiction. I've managed to catch the BRD without *yet* building one... only time will tell.

The 1911-style pistols still have a following of following followers that follow every footstep there is to follow for this fellow's firearm. Yes, you can get just as wacky with any brand 1911 as you can a 10/22... in fact, it's probably the only one out there as an equivalent to the craziness of a 10/22.

You can also get rediculously ~crazy~ with the Ruger Mark 1, Mark 2, Mark 3, and 22/45 pistols. Check out Tactical Solutions when you're ready to be silly. On a similar note, you could mod out a 77/22 or a 96/22, but not as wildly as the 10/22.

After that, things get pretty mundane - more like sleepers. Auto pistols (the Glock in particular, but all brands run the gamut) have a myriad of internal parts to turn them into formidable target pistols. I've managed to avoid this, as my Glock is for killing zombies, but I could always get another, I s'pose...

And then there is the trusty ol' wheel gun. I've got one of those all tricked out... but all you can see is cool grips and nifty sights. The trigger is the bomb, and everything inside looks like it came from a lowrider (polished, duh).

Or you could get a blowgun... or a pellet gun... or a CO2... or paintball....

GADS!!! Just typing about this stuff is giving me shakes!!!

· Registered
1,709 Posts
AR's and 1911's both have huge aftermarket parts/accessories options.

The aftermarket options on those firearms far outshine the 10/22 aftermarket.

Check out:

AR15.com

and

1911forum.com

WARNING: From experience, AR-15 building is EXTREMELY addictive. It is also much more expensive than 10/22 building. Don't say you haven't been warned.

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
something i can tweak yet still use for target/hunting?

i'd love to build an ar-15... thing is i'll have to get all necessary canadian firearm permits, ... and i'm not lookin into pistols quit yet...is there anything in a 30-06, .308, .270, 7mm, .300 calibre's that can be tricked out?

· Registered
2,981 Posts
Springfield Armory M1-A National Match.
They weigh a ton ,but it really dont get much better in light semi auto wepon's.
More accesorie's are available for these than probebly even the 10/22.
Maybe second to the venerable model 1911.
And they tend to win alot of match's inside of 600 meter's.
it's something I have tought about for a very long time.
If I could find a nice one used, to work I would go.

· Registered
1,144 Posts
goose25 said:
i'd love to build an ar-15... thing is i'll have to get all necessary canadian firearm permits, ... and i'm not lookin into pistols quit yet...is there anything in a 30-06, .308, .270, 7mm, .300 calibre's that can be tricked out?
Goose: You could always go where no Canadian has gone before and find some available rifle and RE-DEFINE the norms for it. Make your mark. How about a Model 70 in .270 with a purple stock?

Might be hard. Beats me. The simple nature/easy barrel exchange of the 10/22 really drives the aftermarket parts availability I suppose.

Thinking here... maybe look to some of the 'old' high power rifles. Those available after wwII. German/english/american. Good solid actions. Evolved into hunting rifles. Plenty of parts to this day for these things. Check out the Big catalog gus for parts.

Enfield, Mauser... I used to see these things in the mail order catalog (back in The Day) for cheap. Still see them, but not for cheap.

Check it out.

PS: Or just buy 3 or 4 more 10/22 for The Next Project

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.