Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
My 10/22 is fed with bulk 550 federal packs, federal 510, and cci mini mags. The bulk 550 pack will usually have a few stovepipes, failure to fires but its a good value for the price. I like 510 since its almost the same price and it comes in 50 round boxes which is easier to carry if you want to put some boxes in your pockets.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've shot the Fed bulk (also from Mao-Mart) in my Remington 597, Winchester 290 and Henry H001T rifles as well as Ruger MkII 22/45, Ruger Single Six and Sig Mosquito (which prefers CCI Mini-Mags) pistols. No problems; good plinking stuff. Just clean the weapons after each use.

·
Registered
20,675 Posts
hahaha,

"love" is a pretty strong word for this ammo. in general my guns prefer
the older variation of the Fed bulk, the #745, 525 round boxes which my
gun shop has a coupla cases of. my guns hate the 750 bulk stuff,

Rico....

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
The Federal Champion 745 in the 525 bulk box, are not my favorite. They seem to have a fairly wide shotgun pattern in my Savage BTVS. Winchester Dynapoint bulk shoot tigher but do have fliers. My friends who shot a BTVS also, and a Weatherby Anschutz have found the same.

This said, last time out gopher hunting my friend and I polished off about 1000 rounds of the 745 bulk. Depending on the range they do get the job done most of the time. Seem to have enough power. Now they are gone, I've since bought Remington Cyclones to take their place. They are tighter than the Dynapoints and have fewer fliers.

Ron

·
Premium Member
30,507 Posts
My Browning Challenger shoots it real well. My M16 conversion used to shoot it real well, but the later lots of Federal Bulk don't seem to work as well for that gun.
I consider it plinking ammo, because it certainly isn't match ammo. Then again it isn't as expensive either.

·
Registered
288 Posts
All my bolts choke when it comes to accuracy with the Fed 750s....Even at maybe 20 yds...but I guess that's not what it's made for. My 10/22 cycles it very well, still not the most accurate round but for the price it's good plinking ammo. I normally have a few bricks on hand. As for the 510s, my 10/22 chokes on em a couple of times every mag, but they produce decent groups in my bolts....

·
Registered
14 Posts
My Browning Buck Mark likes these just fine. Can't say that I've experienced any failures with the Federal 550 bulk. Get a box at WalMart for just under $12, the price is right. Shot 4 or 5 boxes of these to date.

TINK:bthumb:

·
Registered
20,675 Posts
how about someone here that will post a pic of a target or two using the
Fed 750 ammo,

here is a pic of some Fed 745 ammo at 50 yds, my guns hate the newer stuff,
the 750 ammo,

not that great, but passable for bulk ammo,

Rico....

·
Registered
20,675 Posts
Root,

cant say you are wrong, lol, just going with how the two diff types work
for me. yea, same ammo, 36 grain, same velocity, h.p. copper washed,
but cant get the 750 stuff to shoot right, maybe the 745 stuff is older stock,
i dunno, but sure makes a lot of diff in my guns, night n day, the 750 ammo
was all over the place with all my guns,

Rico....

·
Registered
435 Posts
I always keep at least 4 boxes on hand. Great for just general shooting.
My 10/22 loves the stuff, as does my Beretta 21A, Ruger MkI. Of course all of my revolvers, Henry lever guns, various bolt actions, and single shot rifles handle it for general shooting, plinking in the woods, etc.
Some of my semi-auto pistols and rifles will not cycle it reliably. No worries, I have enough guns that Federal 550 bulk works well in to warrant always keeping a good supply of it on-hand. It works better than Thunderbolts or Champions for me.
It's not target ammo, but I am not a serious target shooter either. :)
Jack

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.