Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a turnbolt in .17hmr. The mag is a tad loosey-goosey up and down wise; approx. 1/8th" of play, and as a result, it jams low when cycling a new round in, more often than not. So I have to hold the mag up tight with my left hand when cycling the bolt with my right; then it feeds perfectly. So I can see the solution is to pull it up tight. How can I accomplish this? Thanks.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I would check the back of the mag where it slides over the guide. Is it flared a the bottom where it locks on? Maybe you can close it up a bit there if it is.
If not, have you pulled the action out of the stock and checked all the screws there? Maybe one is loose.
Also, is the mag guide bent backwards? Maybe if you push it towards the front a little, it will hold the mag snug.

Thats all I can think of. Hope it helps.

Tony

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
If the mag guide isn't loose, then I would look into bending it toward the muzzle a little until it starts to feed more toward the center of the bore. The exit end of my magazine actually rubs the bottom of the bolt just slightly, so it doesn't wiggle at all when it is in and the bolt is closed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.